Barbara Walters

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Wanted: Friends for Barbara Walters's MySpace Page

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2007 04:25 PM EST
By Stephen M. Silverman
Photo by: Mark VonHolden / DMI
barbara_walters.jpg
She's butted heads with heads of state, endured the tug o'war between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald *****, even been mercilessly parodied on SNL – but there's one thing Barbara Walters admits intimidates her: her MySpace page.

"I am now on MySpace," the broadcast veteran, 78, told her View co-producer Bill Geddie on Barbara Live, her weekly Sirius radio show.

"What would bother me is if nobody got in touch with me," she admited. "What if … nobody wanted to be my friend. I would be very depressed."

Checking the computer to see just how many friends she actually does have on her MySpace page, Geddie was forced to inform Walters she has only two: MySpace founders Chris DeWolfe and Tom Anderson – who just happen to be two of Walters's 10 Most Fascinating People of 2007 to be profiled on her Dec. 6 ABC special.

"Nobody else wanted to be my friend?" said a disappointed Walters. "Nobody I went to high school with? … Nobody wanted to get in touch with me?"

Her sorrowful response prompted Geddie to offer a plea to listeners.

"If you're out there on MySpace, become a friend with Barbara Walters because it's so depressing to look at this," he said. "Really – just go on, say you love her or something, I watch The View all the time – something like that."

Said Walters, with tongue planted firmly in cheek , "And that's for real that nobody wants to be my friend? What have I done?"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20163721,00.html

Well, I am considering getting rid of my myspace account because I feel too old (at 33). This is making me reconsider the issue...

I don't think that is too old if you like doing it! I had one but I got rid of it a while back, b/c I felt like it was putting too much personal information out there, even when made private. I mean, if you have someone's full name and google them, you hit everything. When my name is googled, the first thing that comes up is where I work w/ all my info. I feel exposed enough already, w/o adding myspace to the mix...:yes:

No, b/c I did! I can totally see her saying all this too, w/ the look that she gets when she talks about things that don't please her fully.

haha she gets the WORST look on her face. Kinda like "Shut up you dumb B*tches!"

I think she can be a bit condescending and rude sometimes. I'll pass on the friend request.