Barbara Walters

I added this woman (who I knew nothing about before this thread) on myspace and she has not messaged me once and NEVER commented any of my pics, Im quite pissed off with her, seems like since shes so popular now she doesnt want anything to do with anyone.

She just wants to draw attention to the public. I mean, how many people nowadays actually care about how many friends they have on myspace especially the ones they don't know? Please.

After a health scare two weeks ago, more information surfaced about Barbara Walters condition on Monday (January 28).

According to reports, the 83-year-old talk show host was diagnosed with a severe case of the chicken pox.

On Monday’s episode of “The View,” Walters’ co-host Whoopi Goldberg revealed, “You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood. Barbara has the chicken pox.”

“She’d never had it as a child. So now she’s been told to rest. She’s not allowed any visitors,” Goldberg added, “And we’re telling you, Barbara, no scratching.”

Barbara was first hospitalized on January 19 after a fall in Washington D.C. She was recently transferred to a New York City hospital in which she is currently located.

Hollywood Gossip

I am scared to death! I never had it.

Ack!! Would it be possible to get the vaccination to ensure that you don't get it when you are older? I'm not sure what the guidelines for the vacc are.

I had it really bad as a kid. I had pox everywhere. In the mouth, nose, ears, on eyelids and all over my body. I also "luckily" got it while my parents and I were moving cross country from the east to the west coast. I think the outbreak was the worst in Colorado ;)

I have a picture of me and my dad. Me, buck naked in the hotel room and my dad dabbing camomile lotion on my pox. You can't even tell I'm naked in the picture because of all the pink lotion :roflmfao:

Ack!! Would it be possible to get the vaccination to ensure that you don't get it when you are older? I'm not sure what the guidelines for the vacc are.

I had it really bad as a kid. I had pox everywhere. In the mouth, nose, ears, on eyelids and all over my body. I also "luckily" got it while my parents and I were moving cross country from the east to the west coast. I think the outbreak was the worst in Colorado ;)

I have a picture of me and my dad. Me, buck naked in the hotel room and my dad dabbing camomile lotion on my pox. You can't even tell I'm naked in the picture because of all the pink lotion :roflmfao:

Will have to ask my doc, next time I go. I keep forgetting to ask her.

Yes a shingles shot might of helped her. The POX virus stays in your body & can come out as shingles when you are older. (They run ads for these all the time on TV.)
Chicken Pox/Shingles is terrible when you get old. It lasts alot longer than when you are young.
I have a friend whose mom got shingles in her eye & went blind in that eye.
Both Dh & I got our shots. You might have to be over 50 to get one?

Had feeling something was wrong with her, no word on her at all for several days & then this. Next she'll probably get pneumonia. You can get a shot for that too!

Yes a shingles shot might of helped her. The POX virus stays in your body & can come out as shingles when you are older. (They run ads for these all the time on TV.)
Chicken Pox/Shingles is terrible when you get old. It lasts alot longer than when you are young.
I have a friend whose mom got shingles in her eye & went blind in that eye.
Both Dh & I got our shots. You might have to be over 50 to get one?

Had feeling something was wrong with her, no word on her at all for several days & then this. Next she'll probably get pneumonia. You can get a shot for that too!

Yeah, I got the pneumonia shot. My doc suggested it one year, and I said nope. 2 weeks later I got pnemonia and was in the hospital for 8 days and home for 15 days. My doc came in to my hospital room and said "so, I guess you want that shot now".

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the pneumonia shot. My doc suggested it one year, and I said nope. 2 weeks late I got pnemonia and was in the hospital for 8 days and home for 15 days. My doc came in to my hospital room and said "so, I guess you want that shot now".

Oh my. You are lucky this happened when you are young, God was watching out for you. Pneumonia can kill old people. Glad to hear you are better!

My allergist makes all his patients get shots for about everything, no matter how old the patient is. Guess when you have allergies, lots can go wrong.