Travel Barbados - 1st week of May anybody been? thoughts?

I've been there in June and July. Fabulous place, fabulous people.

Don't miss the Oistins fish fry on friday nights in the town of Oistins. All the fishermen set up booths and you buy the freshest fish, macaroni pie, and banks beers. They have bands and you get to just chill. There's dancing too. It's a real experience.

Also St. Lawrence Gap is a good place - lots of fun bars and restaurants. There's a nice beach there, too.

Rent a car for at least a day and drive around the island. Visit the northern most point (very beautiful), harrison cave, and drive down the east coast for even more beautiful scenery.

I love Barbados, have a great time!

Don't miss the Oistins fish fry on friday nights in the town of Oistins. All the fishermen set up booths and you buy the freshest fish, macaroni pie, and banks beers. They have bands and you get to just chill. There's dancing too. It's a real experience.

Also St. Lawrence Gap is a good place - lots of fun bars and restaurants. There's a nice beach there, too.

Rent a car for at least a day and drive around the island. Visit the northern most point (very beautiful), harrison cave, and drive down the east coast for even more beautiful scenery.

thanks for the feedback!

i will make sure to visit those places :smile:

agreed and most important GET TO THE BEACH!! lol

there are opportunities to jet ski and more.

yes the beaches are great. Note that all beaches are public on barbados so you can enjoy any of the beaches - even those at the highest price resorts!

One of my best friends is there now. When she gets back, I'll ask her for suggestions and post if there is anything that others haven't mentioned.

It sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

I went to Barbados last year at Christmas time. It was amazing. Spend some time in Holetown. There are amazing restaurants and shops there. We went surfing with Surf Barbados and it was wicked. I would go back in a heart beat. Definitely rent a car and head to Bathsheba and have a rum punch at the Round House restaurant overlooking the beach.

Oh and be sure to prepare yourself for the many rotaries when you drive the roads of barbados... takes some getting used to, and you will surely be getting lost... but getting "lost" may lead you to discovering some other nice part of barbados...

Go to The Crane for Sunday Brunch. It is in a spectacular location high over the ocean and you can spend the day there. The pool is amazing. Over a leisurely lunch you can listen to a gospel choir and then wander down to the beach to get more sun -it was named one of the 10 Best Beaches in the World. The Crane is on the rugged east coast -check out their website. Another of my absolute favourites is the restaurant at Mullins Beach.