Bar Jacket in size 32?

I think it really depends on your usual jacket size and the material. I don't have the classic Bar, I bought a variation of it that looks like a military jacket. Because of my wide shoulders, I got a 38. It fit well in the shoulder area but the chest and waist part was too loose so I had to get it tailored at the London New Bond Street store. I pre-ordered the jacket before it became available in stores so I couldn't try it on before I bought it.

Because it's meant to be fitted though, it will be tighter around the shoulder area so you want to get it in your usual fitted size. So for example, I usually get a 38 (UK 10) in jackets so I can layer, but 36 would have probably fitted better. I did get a Burberry fitted trench coat in 36 and it fit perfectly

I think it really depends on your usual jacket size and the material. I don't have the classic Bar, I bought a variation of it that looks like a military jacket. Because of my wide shoulders, I got a 38. It fit well in the shoulder area but the chest and waist part was too loose so I had to get it tailored at the London New Bond Street store. I pre-ordered the jacket before it became available in stores so I couldn't try it on before I bought it.

Because it's meant to be fitted though, it will be tighter around the shoulder area so you want to get it in your usual fitted size. So for example, I usually get a 38 (UK 10) in jackets so I can layer, but 36 would have probably fitted better. I did get a Burberry fitted trench coat in 36 and it fit perfectly
Thank you, this is very kind. I'm actually specifically curious about the possible existence and sizing of the size 32 jacket. I have tried a size 34 and know how that size works (or doesn't work!) for me. Mainly, I am curious to know whether anybody actually owns a size 32 (the only place I have seen this size is 24S).

Thank you, this is very kind. I'm actually specifically curious about the possible existence and sizing of the size 32 jacket. I have tried a size 34 and know how that size works (or doesn't work!) for me. Mainly, I am curious to know whether anybody actually owns a size 32 (the only place I have seen this size is 24S).
I do not think it’s available in size 32, I think my SAs would have told me instead of altering my Bar jacket down from 34 for me. I checked in Paris too but that last visit was in 2019.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880