Bank wire transfer - safe?

I had a buyer want to do this before as well and I wouldn't do it. They had 0 FB and all I've heard are how you are not to do it, so I stayed away from doing so. I would maybe call your bank and ask about it if you are seriously considering it.

I've done it once to London..because I wanted the item SO bad and for so long..
shortly after the transaction the member became unregistered and the
tracking # was showing it was sent to Germany..
I thought for sure I was being scammed..
she turned out to be the one the nicest members..
even called me and tried to ease my fears..
I received my item, I don't know why tracking showed to Germany..
I had a good experiance..but I've heard of bad..

yup, its pretty safe for the seller, no fear of chargebacks either ! you might get charged a fee if its international though, i've paid this way and been paid this way and never had any probs .
the info you give to them is pretty much the same as whats on the front of a cheque, just phone your bank and ask what info you need to give the buyer ie BIC and IBAN codes (for international )

i'm sure some will say differently though

It's absolutely safe and quite frankly, I prefer it over paypal. No chance of charge back, the fee to accept a wire transfer is small (my bank does not charge for domestic wire transfers and only $15 for an international transfer.)

My only suggestion is that you make sure that your buyer instructs her bank to charge her directly for her fee to send the transfer. Some banks will automatically deduct their fee from the amount being transferred. If this happens, your payment will be short.

Just call your bank and ask them what information you need to receive a wire transfer. The bank will give you all the info necessary.

Good Luck!

isn't there a concern with the wire transfer initially going through, but then 'bouncing' as in a bad check. or is that not an issue? i think i'd stick to paypal, as i don't know enough about wire transfers. even if you take the money out right away, if it's a 'bad account' or whatever, i think it can bounce back at you.

If you have the buyer send it through Western Union you don't have to provide your banking info. They just need your name, city and state, country, and a contact#. You can then go to WU and pick up the cash, and the fee goes to the buyer not you. It's perfectly safe and no risk to you. I've accepted WU before and it's really easy. I wouldn't give out my banking info, so this is a great alternative.

Good Evening All,

I just sold a wallet for $280 USD and the buyer from AU is wanting to pay by bank transfer. She has 233 + feedback at 100%. Is this safe for me, the seller?

She is asking for the following info: Name of Bank, Swift Code, Name of Account,Address where the account is held.

TIA!

Hello,

I have previously payed for items via tranfer. In order to do so the information needed,- is indeed the information you have stated in order to tranfer.
But, that being said, I have done so quite a few times,- all with excellent ebayers - But i do think that you have to be carefull.
I think there are quite a few threads about this topic on this forum,- so have a look around:smile:

Bank Wire is the best method for seller to accept payment. It's no harm to give the buyer the information he/she requested. As long as the information you provided is correct, the fund will in your account within 2 - 3 business days. I've done this several times, and I hope all buyers will pay me via bank wire. :P

Many use bank wires safely, and it does eliminate potential SNAD claims and chargebacks.

Call me paranoid, but there's just no way I'm giving anyone, anywhere my bank acc# and my name and my address. That's just too much information...