Bangle(s)

1. Can one be worn at a time and be OK, or a fashion faux pas? :amuse:

2. I don't believe in strict "rules" for wearing jewelry. Some people like to match their earrings, necklace, and bracelet and others hate it. I have a bangle that I made and I wear it alone all the time. It's a little chunkier than most bangles so I think wearing anything else w/ it would be overkill.

I say if you like the way it looks go for it! :smile:

3. Yeah, I think wearing one at a time is okay. Just as long as it's not a super skinny one that's going to look funny all by itself.

4. I have a narrow enamel Hermes bangle that I wear by itself all the time. I think it looks fine.

5. I have a beautiful jade bangle bracelet that my BF bought me while in Singapore. I wear it by itself all the time during the summer. I wear it higher up on my arm, right below my elbow.

6. I have gold bangles that I wear all the time. I love the feel of them and I always get compliements. I also like to make noise lol!

7. One bangle is fine...prefer if it is chunky, but there are no rules!

8. Sure!

9. i think they're super-chte!
    i always wear at least one:yes:

10. I have a purple Jade bangle as well... i wear it all the time as i cant get it off... lol the little Vietnamese lady that i bought it from in Vietnam nearly broke my hand trying to put it on, so that sucker aint ever coming off... lucky for me its pretty subtle...

11. I agree.. I have some really narrow sterling silver bangles and I feel weird just wearing one by itself so I wear all three. Chunkier ones look fine by themselves though.

12. While I'm sure very painful :blink:, that must have been a funny scene... :smile:

13. Oy vay ... I get teased about the number of bangles that I wear on both arms (my colleagues hear me coming from a mile away ... :lol: ).

Let's see ... on my left arm, I'm usually wearing:
    1. Two - 24k Yellow Gold "Masai" Bracelets
    2. Three - Ippolita 18k/Diamond "Star" Bracelets
    3. Two - 22k/Diamonds Linda Lee Johnson Bangles
    4. One - 18k/Turquoise David Yurman "Orbit" Bangle
    5. One - 18k/2.5+ ct Diamond Bangle Bracelet
    6. Three - 18k Me + Ro "bead" bracelets (Turquoise beads, Coral Beads, Pearl Seed beads)
    7. One - 18k & Turquoise "Evil Eye" Link Bracelet
    8. One - 22k/Turquoise Beads Reinstein Ross Link Bracelet
    9. One - 18k Skull Heads Luis Morais Cuff
    10. One - 18k Link Bracelet w/ Heart and "floating" Diamonds
    On my left arm:
    1. David Yurman - S/S & 18K, Turquoise & Pink Tourmaline 10mm Renaissance Cuff Bracelet
    2. Two - Platinum & Rose Cut Diamonds Bangle Bracelets (Malcolm Betts)
    3. One - 18k/Diamonds Bead Bracelet (Devon Page McCleary) w/ various Diamond "charms" (Reinstein-Ross)
    ... I have many more, I just don't have enough room on my arms :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

14. hmmm...I wear a single 7mm Yurman bangle on my right wrist very often.

When I first bought it I intended to double it up with another 7mm but I never did fall in love with another of his. And once I got used to this look I prefer it. I think there is such a thing as too much jewelry. And I find the sound of tinkling jewelry distracting - I'm afraid my male colleagues would find it unprofessional.

I wear a single (5-7mm) bracelet on each wrist and a watch on the left in addition. I wear only one ring at a time. If I decide to try a larger stone I wear it instead of my wedding set. :amazed: Last, one necklace with a high drop...nothing danglish...lol No earrings.

That's how I make it work in a very 'non-bling' conservative work setting.

15. Wow! You make music wherever you go ;) !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice