Bangle gold content

chandra920

Feb 17, 2016
I’m looking to get an 8-10mm Hawaiian heirloom bangle in the near future. I’m really struggling with 14k vs 18k yellow gold. My main concern is that 18k will be too delicate and warp/scratch with daily wear. Anyone have thoughts? I know things like the Cartier love are 18k and they seem to do fine with daily wear. I’m just hoping this is true of a larger and somewhat thinner piece (1.5mm thickness).

As others have stated, 18K is perfectly fine for daily. Everything one wears every day will eventually get a bit scratched up in any case but in my personal opinion that‘s what makes heirloom pieces so beautiful with time. They tell a story. :love:

18k should be okay. :smile:

I have chain bracelets (~3mm) and thin bangles (1.5-2mm i think?) that are 99.9% gold and they will dent. But they're mostly for special occasions so they don't get worn often.

I think either are good. Have you seen Nahoku items?

I think either are good. Have you seen Nahoku items?

Yes. Na Hoku is nice, but they primarily do 14k and a lighter weight gold than I would prefer. There are a couple of Hawaiian companies that specialize in these bracelets. I’ve been primarily looking at Honolulu Jewelry Company.