Travel Bangkok hotels

Oct 16, 2007
Hi everyone,
I did a search but all of e threads were fairly old. We are going to be in Bangkok for two days and need a hotel recommendation. We were going to stay at the st Regis but found out we can stay for free (with points) at le meridian, W hotel, or plaza athenee for free.

Are any of these recommended, particularly le meridian? We will arrive at 1am the first night and will be touring the next day, so we just want a nice place to sleep that is safe and maybe easy to find someplace for dinner the one night.

Also, how far always the airport in traffic? We have a flight around 10am on a weekday from Bangkok to chiang Mai. Thanks!

floridagal23 said:
Hi everyone,
I did a search but all of e threads were fairly old. We are going to be in Bangkok for two days and need a hotel recommendation. We were going to stay at the st Regis but found out we can stay for free (with points) at le meridian, W hotel, or plaza athenee for free.

Are any of these recommended, particularly le meridian? We will arrive at 1am the first night and will be touring the next day, so we just want a nice place to sleep that is safe and maybe easy to find someplace for dinner the one night.

Also, how far always the airport in traffic? We have a flight around 10am on a weekday from Bangkok to chiang Mai. Thanks!

Le Meridian is highly rated. I think you will be very satisfied. Contemporary. Service is 5 Star. Enjoy your trip!!!

if you can swing the $$, the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is hands down one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in the world, if not the best.

and everyone in my family gives the same answer when asked separately.

mundodabolsa said:
if you can swing the $$, the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is hands down one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in the world, if not the best.

and everyone in my family gives the same answer when asked separately.

Oh...yes...that is an a-m-a-z-I-n-g hotel. However, if she is wanting to use free points, the other will be just fine. Free can be good! Can't believe I am saying this as a Travel Advisor!!!

Thanks,everyone. We are staying at the four seasons in Koh Samui and Bali and then the St Regis for the other half of our Bali leg of the trip so we figured that we might as well do a free points stay in Bangkok since we really have just the one full day there. I have heard that the mandarin is lovely, though.

Thanks for your help!

floridagal23 said:
Hi everyone,

My issue with those hotels are the locations. They would be great for a business trip, but for a vacation I would definitely try to stay on the river, especially if this is your first time in Bangkok . It looks like you are using Starwood points , can you use them at the royal orchid Sheraton ?
I can't remember exact times but traffic in Bangkok is heavy , allow plenty of time and ask your hotel what they recommend.