bananasoup.com fake or real?

There doesn't seem to be enough information here to condemn this site.

I'm not sure why some are saying that the prices are too low. They seem in the ball park to me. It's almost 2 USD to a pound. Did you guys do the conversion before declaring the prices too low?

Regarding LV, how do you explain karenkooper.com?

If someone was sold a fake from this site, then please come forward. If they are indeed fakers, they should be exposed. If they are legit, then they should have a fair shot of running their business.

I agree :yes:

I used to work for a company that bought lots of unsold merchandise from high end retailers (Nordstroms, Lord&Taylor, etc.) and resold it on ebay. You have to buy at least 10K worth of merchandise and you don't get to pick specific items, but you do get some % of designer items. We bought shoes and we got all brands, including some coach wedges. We also got a ton of lower end things and store brands. Is it possible these people do something like that and seperate out the good bads to sell online? They might sell the rest in lots on ebay or at a brick and mortar store.

Izzybee

There doesn't seem to be enough information here to condemn this site.

I'm not sure why some are saying that the prices are too low. They seem in the ball park to me. It's almost 2 USD to a pound. Did you guys do the conversion before declaring the prices too low?

Regarding LV, how do you explain karenkooper.com?

If someone was sold a fake from this site, then please come forward. If they are indeed fakers, they should be exposed. If they are legit, then they should have a fair shot of running their business.

Regarding LV, Karenkooper.com is RESALE items! That is not a "wholesaler" a "distributor" of items, or a "Re-distributor". This is a site where an entity receives limited SKU's from whom-ever. It is basically a consignment shop. As I previously stated you cannot buy authentic LV online anywhere except eLuxury.com or from a RESELLER. RESELLER...not for nothin' but I thought I was making myself clear. Maybe I'm not...my bad. They state directly on their About page, that they do not sell items that are "overtly used". Look through their LV stock and view the "condition" of each item. Just like Mypoupette or Mrs. Troppo...they're selling RESALE items.

As for their overstock and damaged items, the staff is allowed to purchase minimal amounts at a large discount however everything else is burned. Other's can give the exact amount, I believe it's 1-2 peices per year...not sure exactly. You can find this out directly from LV if you have a boutique in your area. It

Sorry, had to run my daughter to school...anyway, What I am stating is that even when you see a "New" item on a site like this, it is a situation where someone bought the item from an authorized dealer, saves it in new condition and when it goes out of stock, they RESELL it for a profit. But alas, it is still a RESALE item.
Louis Vuitton utilizes a marketing strategy that is called Structured Price Point. That means that they do not go on sale and they do not go to discount outlets. They have limited distribution and limited manufacturing. Not trying to make waves or confuse anyone but this is a brand specific, concept one would study in a simple Business 101 course, even at their local community college.

SO.......whew.....sheesh.....in closing I stand by my original statement which was since this site is presenting itself as if it sells direct Louis Vuitton, which now I hope we're all on the same page as NOT TRUE, I wouldn't trust any of their items.....just me.....wouldn't do it....nope,,,,,not now, not ever......no way, Jose'....Ut Uh.......hehehehe

Regarding LV, Karenkooper.com is RESALE items! That is not a "wholesaler" a "distributor" of items, or a "Re-distributor". This is a site where an entity receives limited SKU's from whom-ever. It is basically a consignment shop.

Yes, she is primarily a reseller, but my point is that even she uses the term "brand new" to describe some of her items.

Karenkooper's LV bags are very gently used bags. She lists some as being "new condition" which does not mean they are brand new. It just means it's in great condition, therefore LIKE new. I have to agree w/ Ilikemike65 on all her points. I haven't checked out this bananasoup site though. Could it be a reseller site as well?

Karenkooper's LV bags are very gently used bags. She lists some as being "new condition" which does not mean they are brand new. It just means it's in great condition, therefore LIKE new.

BabyK: You are correct in that she uses the term "new condition." She also uses the term "brand new." For example, she has a Mini Noe displayed right now (unfortunately sold out) where she uses the exact words "brand new." Thus, the use of those two words is not, in and of itself, proof positive that a site is no good.

I don't know whether this site is legit or not, and I could care less about this particular site, but before I condemn it or vouch for it in a public forum, I would need more substantial evidence than the use of certain words or ads in a magazine.

......... Also I know I guy who makes the stuff in Italy & factory seconds reach the market I assure you. ......

If its a factory second, then it wasn't approved for sale by the designer and this makes it counterfeit. This is how many of the "mirror-image" counterfeit bags reach the market - a bag is flawed (could be something as small as one stitch) & is meant to be destroyed (or whatever they do w/bags that aren't approved for sale), instead they are snuck out the back door and sold on the "black market" which is how they are obtained by sellers all over the world - These are counterfeit bags because they were never authorized by the designer nor meant to be sold to the public.

Somewhere I have an article on this very subject - I need to research & find it, and will post it once I have it.