Banana Republic Tangiers

Bjara said:
I had the brown and the black before Christmas. I think the brown is much better....the leather on it is gorgeous!

I returned them because there wasn't enough clearance for me to put it comfortably on my shoulder. It only it was a teeensy, tiny bit bigger.

What about the large triangle bag? Does it have more clearance or is it still the same as the smaller one?

jasanna143 said:
What about the large triangle bag? Does it have more clearance or is it still the same as the smaller one?

No, it has a ton more clearance....but the bag is HUGE. The bottom is stiff, so it sticks out from the front and back. I didn't care for it, and since I had just gotten my IF Quilty Pleasures in almost the same color, I returned that one too. I ordered about 10 bags from BR before Christmas! LOL :wacko:

Originally Posted by jasanna143

From looking at the picture of the large triangle, it doesn't appear to have the extra pockets that the small one does.

Bjara said:
No, it has a ton more clearance....but the bag is HUGE. The bottom is stiff, so it sticks out from the front and back. I didn't care for it, and since I had just gotten my IF Quilty Pleasures in almost the same color, I returned that one too. I ordered about 10 bags from BR before Christmas! LOL :wacko:

Oh my! Someone went a little crazy! Ha! Wish I could do that! The more and more I think about it, the more that bag grows on me. I think after some errands today, I'm gonna run by BR and pick up the smaller brown one.

The brown shows more detail than the black. Someone told me this in my search for an everyday black bag.......I found it to be true.

I saw the brown and it is nice. The leather is very soft. The bag is a steel at $178 for the small and $248 for the large.

Bjara said:
I had the brown and the black before Christmas. I think the brown is much better....the leather on it is gorgeous!

I returned them because there wasn't enough clearance for me to put it comfortably on my shoulder. It only it was a teeensy, tiny bit bigger.

:lol:Wow! I didn't know that! I had gone to BR today to try it on and I ran into the same problem. Either the hole is too small or my arm is too big:sad: but the clearance for me was kinda tight too. I couldn't wear it over my coat at all so I took off my coat and it snuggly fits with a t-shirt on. I really liked the bag so I carried it and thought this would work but I really wanted it as a shoulder bag. So I walked out not getting it because my arm is too fat for the hole and it is not comfortable for me either.

Munchkyn said:
So I walked out not getting it because my arm is too fat for the hole and it is not comfortable for me either.

:lol: Your arm is probably not too fat. I tried it also and there wasn't enough clearance for me either and I'm very petite. It wasn't tight but I wanted more clearance for a shoulder bag. Have you looked at this one?

I tried this one and there's more than enough clearance. Its from their Kempton line.

edsbgrl said:
:lol: Your arm is probably not too fat. I tried it also and there wasn't enough clearance for me either and I'm very petite. It wasn't tight but I wanted more clearance for a shoulder bag. Have you looked at this one?

I tried this one and there's more than enough clearance. Its from their Kempton line.

The Br I went to did not have it so I couldn't try it on. I did consider this http://www.bananarepublic.com/Asset...Product/360/360621/main/br360621-01p01v01.jpg

I like a lot of clearance too but seemed a little too simple.

Munchkyn said:
The Br I went to did not have it so I couldn't try it on. I did consider this http://www.bananarepublic.com/Asset_Archive/BRWeb/Assets/Product/360/360621/main/br360621-01p01v01.jpg

I like a lot of clearance too but seemed a little too simple.
I have this one in a white. I don't think it's too simple at all. Unless you jam pack it fully, it has a pretty nice slouchy look to it. Also, from the front, the detailing is quite apparent (at least in the white). And it's cheaper than the tote. :P