Banana Republic Tangiers

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
I wanted to bring this thread back - I have been hanging around BR looking at the Tangiers, med. and large. The med has a more interesting inside but it is rather small - the large one is funkier, makes much more of a statement - but the inside is unimagintive - I need black bag with absolutely no hardware and this one fits the bill at the right price. I don't know what to do.

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
SuzyZ said:
I wanted to bring this thread back - I have been hanging around BR looking at the Tangiers, med. and large. The med has a more interesting inside but it is rather small - the large one is funkier, makes much more of a statement - but the inside is unimagintive - I need black bag with absolutely no hardware and this one fits the bill at the right price. I don't know what to do.
My initial response was towards the Large Tangiers tote; however, when I tried it on, it was huge - too huge on me (I am 5'3"). So, I let it sit for a week, and then decided to get the Small Tangiers tote. It's definitely a hard choice because they are both unique in their respective ways. If you are on the tall side, I definitely recommend the Large tote...it may not be as funky on the inside, but no one would really know. The uniqueness of the Small tote is something that only the owner would know about.

Let us know what you decide. They are great bags either way.

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
SuLi said:
My initial response was towards the Large Tangiers tote; however, when I tried it on, it was huge - too huge on me (I am 5'3"). So, I let it sit for a week, and then decided to get the Small Tangiers tote. It's definitely a hard choice because they are both unique in their respective ways. If you are on the tall side, I definitely recommend the Large tote...it may not be as funky on the inside, but no one would really know. The uniqueness of the Small tote is something that only the owner would know about.

Let us know what you decide. They are great bags either way.
Suli, thx for your input - I'm only an inch taller than you- I thought it looked big but interesting in it's bigness (if you know what I mean) I'm going back tomorrow, they are holding it for 24 hours for me. Will report back.:smile:

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
SuzyZ said:
Suli, thx for your input - I'm only an inch taller than you- I thought it looked big but interesting in it's bigness (if you know what I mean) I'm going back tomorrow, they are holding it for 24 hours for me. Will report back.:smile:
Definitely share...and I understand what you mean by the uniqueness of it's size. I just couldn't think of things to put in there :lol: .

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
SuLi said:
Definitely share...and I understand what you mean by the uniqueness of it's size. I just couldn't think of things to put in there :lol: .
Suli, I didn't buy either one of the Tangiers - It normally doesn't take me such a long time to decide on a bag - so right away, something wasn't right - today it was clear that the large one was too large and the smaller one was too small - neither one worked for me - I have so many bags, I need to really find a place for it in my wardrobe and I just couldn't - I still maintain it's a beautiful design.

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
SuzyZ said:
Suli, I didn't buy either one of the Tangiers - It normally doesn't take me such a long time to decide on a bag - so right away, something wasn't right - today it was clear that the large one was too large and the smaller one was too small - neither one worked for me - I have so many bags, I need to really find a place for it in my wardrobe and I just couldn't - I still maintain it's a beautiful design.
I hope you find something that you really love soon!

patleather

Aug 27, 2007
Nothing matches their style and leather! I have six of BR in different styles. Similar to your picture of the brown Tangiers I have the large black triangle, the cream color triangle with the unique magnets. If you sit the large Tangiers triangle bag on a table (with your items inside) the upper part of the bag and handles actually stay up while the bottom sits like soft dough; it sits very perky on a table. I have receive more inquiries about the bag from other women. I think I should now consider the smaller one. Thanks so much for that gorgeous picture!!