banana republic bags anyone?

I was playing with it in the store and thought the zipper was kind of hard to pull too. I was hoping it was just that bag! I remember in the olden days we used to rub wax on the zipper to make it easier to pull. I guess we could try that! It's a gorgeous bag though!

I actually really like that bag! I don't own any Banana Republic bags, but I love shopping there for clothes. The handbags always catch my attention, they're quite lovely.

I just got my bag today and the leather is amazing! It's sooooo buttery soft! The zipper is pretty stiff though. I'm going to try the wax trick and see if that helps.

here it is on me. it's not really that white. more like ivory. BR calls it "chalk." what i don't like about it is that the zipper is hard to pull to close. but i still love this bag! :woohoo:

That bag looks gorgeous on you ... I really like the style and the color is definitely perfect for spring and summer! I just recently bought a BR bag and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I got it on sale as well which makes it even sweeter;) Here's the one I bought:

Attachments

• BRcrocsomerset.jpg
    BRcrocsomerset.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 40
It looks gorgeous. Great price. One of my all time favorite handbags was a black leather shoulder bag from years ago. The quality was great, lightweight and the strap stayed on my shoulder.

I recenly bought an orange bag from BR and I was talking to a friend. She claim her bags hold on for 5 years, which made me kind of uncomfortable, because here, I've never had a bag hold on so long if I use it more than a year. at least 4 or 5 months.
I showed her Belen Echandia and she liked it but started to talk if I want purple I need matching shoes. Because I did get matching shoes for BR orange bag I decided to look at the bag and I saw that in a month period the leather on the handles was completely worn. Most of the time my bag is next to me in my car or sitting somewhere in the room. I come back and return orange bag exchanging it to the black one.
Last year I bought a beautiful bag from BR, date bag made from tan leather and it picked up color from my jeans. I went to repairman, he fixed by apllying gold color on top of tan and I wore it for couple more months and let it go. After that I wore Cole Haan white bag with the same denim, nothing happenned to Cole Haan white leather.
I dont' really have much trust now in BR bags, exept if you paid around a $100 don't expect it to last long time. They do claim the superior quality for their bags, but somehow I doubt it.

Attachments

• orange BR bag.jpg
    orange BR bag.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 36
I think that BR has been doing a fabulous job with their bags recents. Nice, classic styles with a fairly reasonable price (if you add in their coupons/discounts...etc)