banana republic bags anyone?

wow- I might be the only one, but I have stopped buying BR bags now, the leather was just not holding up at all. i found that they scratched easily stretched really easy... i have some from the Chatham, Sandhurst collection. The most annoying thing though, was always having to return the first bag they sent, because it was damaged or missing the keyfob, or the leather was really off, just seemed like always something.... i really want to like their bags, they some really cool designs every season

Never bought from them but i tend to drool over their bags whenever i go in. Ive had my eye on this lately http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=14242&pid=513209&scid=513209012
Thought it might be cute for work...wat do you ladies think?

Oooh, I've been eyeing that too. I need a day clutch that I can use and abuse. I went to the store near me recently, but they didn't have this style, so I couldn't see for myself. Do let us know if you do get it!
Mo

I own one BR bag from two years ago that I bought right after I had my son and it has been used and abused yet has held up beautifully. I am actually going to buy another one that I have on hold today.

To be honest, I bought a Hayden Harnett bag a couple weeks ago and spent $500 on that and I think the BR bags are better quality. Not as trendy - but still much better quality!

I have never bought a BR bag but was just in the store eyeing the Fillmore deep satchel in a very pretty teal color. However, I think the leather is too stiff for me, not soft at all. I much prefer the leather on HH bags.

Hi ya'll!

I am new to the forum and I just was wondering what everybody thought about leather bags by Banana Republic. I am eyeing 2 BR Somerset large satchels, that are going for about 150$ on Ebay, brand new. I am just concerned that if the quality is inferior, the thread on the handles might start fraying like most cheap bags do. For those of you who own leather bags from BR, please let me know how well they hold up. Thanking everyone in advance. Peggy

I don't personally have any BR bags, but my mom has one and my sister has two. My mom has used her bag for years and it still looks pretty much brand new. As for my sister, she has had hers for years, also, and she buys other bags here and there but always goes back to the BR's. She said she is so tired of overpaying for inferior quality that she is going to stick with BR!
Go for it, I think you will be very pleased with the quality for the money.

I have had good and bad. For the most part, their bags are ok. some of them are almost as much as the Coach leather bags (within 100 bucks for some), and the Coach leather is much more dependable. I will say I have had to return several for a 2nd one due to the leathers not matching on each side or some other type of leather inconsistency. I still purchase from them because they have some really awesome designs that others do not, some very unusual designs. I know which bags you are talking about and i love that style. I have the black actually.

I have one BR bag and although I don't use it every day, it's held up really well. From time to time they'll have specials or codes or other sale promotion; I think the bags are a *tad* overpriced considering they're a "store brand" but I do think they are very good quality.

I have a few BR bags from the '05, '06, and Spr '07 lines, which I like more than the new stuff. I have a leather hobo that I absolutely LOVE. It's a slouchy shape and just the right size as an everyday bag. I think the leather bags have held up pretty well. The quality of the leather is pretty good. The only problem I have seen with some of their bags is that the stitching has a tendency to come loose.

I haven't bought one yet, but I plan on it. I can't even count how many times I've complimented someone on her bag, only to find out that it's from BR. The leather looks amazing!

I really like their bags. I had a bloomsbury hobo (I think that is what it was called), but the stitching eventually started coming unraveled. It was probably from Fall 2005 or 2006. Very cute though.