Ban Island

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
O.G.
Apr 1, 2012
Wanted: BVettes to join me for a stay on Ban Island.
Please reserve your space now for this wonderful adventure in austerity.
Private trees available. (Bring your own tent.)
Please pack light as amenities are limited and you won't need much.
Suggested items: the one BV you can't go anywhere without; toothbrush; toothpaste; and dental floss.

I've reserved a tree for a minimum of two months.

Attachments

• ban island.jpg
    ban island.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Reactions: Bagcoolie
I almost forgot. Do not bring a knot for evening events. We will supply those via special delivery should you need one.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 418
Thing is, if I join or visit, I'll buy. It's how I'm wired--I love to challenge boundaries.
It looks to be a small island and I wouldn't want to be disruptive.
What with the limited food options, y'all might decide to eat me.

Thing is, if I join or visit, I'll buy. It's how I'm wired--I love to challenge boundaries.
It looks to be a small island and I wouldn't want to be disruptive.
What with the limited food options, y'all might decide to eat me.
I think you'll be safe to visit for a lunch. I don't eat meat. I may be here all alone.....at least for awhile. I'm hoping this works for me. I'm not very good with restrictions either.
Added incentive: my AC stopped blowing cold air this morning. Waiting for call back from repairman. This can't be good. Such is life.

Diane, You are hilarious. I needed this laugh today. I love that beach. I could use a tropical paradise vacation. I have a ton of vacation time, but DH doesn't. Maybe I'll join you on the island as I try to be disciplined to save up for a special cabat. Would you be up for a road trip to Sacto? Grietje and I had an impromptu meet up on Tues night. I'll be there again in 3 weeks.

Diane, You are hilarious. I needed this laugh today. I love that beach. I could use a tropical paradise vacation. I have a ton of vacation time, but DH doesn't. Maybe I'll join you on the island as I try to be disciplined to save up for a special cabat. Would you be up for a road trip to Sacto? Grietje and I had an impromptu meet up on Tues night. I'll be there again in 3 weeks.
Sac sounds great. Especially right now. AC fixer can't replace the parts until tomorrow morning. I dodged a huge plumbing bullet last week and thought I was in the clear. I hate the heat and I am thinking that he knows that by tomorrow I will pay any amount to have my AC back....unless it would require me to sell my BVs. Then I'll just sweat. It's 84 in my house now and it should cool off pretty soon. I have six fans going right now. I can go stay at a friends house but I'm thinking I may go to a hotel if it isn't done tomorrow. Inconvenient but not worth worrying about. That island does look pretty sweet right now.

I'll stay on ban island for a couple of months....or at least until the new fall scarves are available. Mousse , will you cook for us? I'll help to catch fish.

I need to be on the island though I am so pale right now I might scare you all. I just bought a used ottone sloane that I couldn't pass up for the price and now I need to be isolated from all shopping.

I will supply the mojitos.

I'll stay on ban island for a couple of months....or at least until the new fall scarves are available. Mousse , will you cook for us? I'll help to catch fish.
We can eat Mousse's bacon cabat when it's done. Yum. And wash it down with the mojitos from NWpurselover.

No, this is definitely not good--central valley in CA in June with no A/C--yikes!!!!
No kidding! What a difference a day makes. I've been here all morning but now it's fixed. I have had time to take some before and after selfies. You may be able to tell that I am a novice in the "selfie" department.

My selfies for yesterday and today:

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 341
  • meme.jpg
    meme.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 342

You bet. I'm good at improvising.

I'm in SF today for meetings. I plan to stop by the boutique. Will power needed....

Maybe you could take photos of anything really interesting. You're still our ambassador.....

Nothing interesting except the Gun Metal Cervo Hobo. There is one in stock in SF, and Ivan tells me it is selling like hotcakes. I prefer a lighter gray metallic like my Staub titanium cookware. The metallic finish on the gun metal is very subtle. The cabat with the metallic overlay has not yet delivered. I did splurge on some Chanel makeup at Barney's. I prefer their attentive customer service over NM. I also picked up some some very preppy Robert Zur boat shoes in aubergine, fuchsia and rose for 50% off at Arthur Beren. What a sweet deal. Being a Boston born and bred girl, boat shoes for me were a summer essential on the East coast and are a year round essential in CA. Check out my new RZ boat shoes. 'Plan to wear them them to the A's Redsox game tomorrow. The A's are hot. My Boston Red Sox need some inspiration from Mousse! Shh, I am not an A's fan.

Attachments

• RZ shoes.jpg
    RZ shoes.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281