~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

So true on the visual. Every so often I pull out all the bags at once, all the SLGs, all the shoes, jewlery. All one category at a time.
Why one category at a time? Because I don't have the space to pull them all out at once. :wtf: My bags alone laid out take up a queen size bed, and so do my SLGs.

So when I'm getting into a frenzy wanting a million things at once, I have to pull them out. Then that wishlist drops to 1 or 0.
this was my first step towards mend - i was taking them all out, re-arranging, pampering, playing... and then putting pack to the closet, and it was enough to help me stay off purchases for some time :biggrin:
it helps also in the sense of better understanding your closet needs, gaps and extras, seeing them all together at one time gives you a better, clearer picture of what you have, and what you don't, as well as understand if you REALLY NEED to have it :flowers:

So true on the visual. Every so often I pull out all the bags at once, all the SLGs, all the shoes, jewlery. All one category at a time.
Why one category at a time? Because I don't have the space to pull them all out at once. :wtf: My bags alone laid out take up a queen size bed, and so do my SLGs.

So when I'm getting into a frenzy wanting a million things at once, I have to pull them out. Then that wishlist drops to 1 or 0.
That's a good idea.
We forget what we have so easily.
I have my scarves on a Pinterest board so I can see them and *try* to remind myself I do not need another scarf - sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. :hrmm:
I have managed to tell myself no more with borders - unless my grail comes up. :angel:

That's a good idea.
I have my scarves on a Pinterest board so I can see them and *try* to remind myself I do not need another scarf - sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. :hrmm:
I have managed to tell myself no more with borders - unless my grail comes up. :angel:
borders?? :confused1:
what's your Grail?

borders?? :confused1:
what's your Grail?
The great big solid color borders that are on some of the vintage scarfs - Gloire d'Alexandres for example - sometimes when tied it seems like that's all you can see!
I would really like the pochette Amazone by Hilton McConnico - it reminds me of some of the anime that I used to watch with DS3.

Reactions: ksuromax
this was my first step towards mend - i was taking them all out, re-arranging, pampering, playing... and then putting pack to the closet, and it was enough to help me stay off purchases for some time :biggrin:
it helps also in the sense of better understanding your closet needs, gaps and extras, seeing them all together at one time gives you a better, clearer picture of what you have, and what you don't, as well as understand if you REALLY NEED to have it :flowers:

Nothing says you have an abundance of bags like cleaning and moisturizing them, restuffing them, then putting them back. And the whole ordeal takes half a day. You would think I was running some sort of boutique or something and rotating stock.

That's a good idea.

I got my grail scarf this year!
But I see what you mean on the borders. If it's a bold, big border, when tied all it is are borders and you miss the central point of the scarf.

I got my grail scarf this year!
But I see what you mean on the borders. If it's a bold, big border, when tied all it is are borders and you miss the central point of the scarf.
Exactly - and you want to see the center! I need to figure out how to fold them so you can see more of the gorgeous part. A chou-chou knot works well on softer scarves.
What was your grail?

Reactions: bakeacookie
The great big solid color borders that are on some of the vintage scarfs - Gloire d'Alexandres for example - sometimes when tied it seems like that's all you can see!
I would really like the pochette Amazone by Hilton McConnico - it reminds me of some of the anime that I used to watch with DS3.
ah, got it :smile:
i'll keep an eye open for you :smile:

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Nothing says you have an abundance of bags like cleaning and moisturizing them, restuffing them, then putting them back. And the whole ordeal takes half a day. You would think I was running some sort of boutique or something and rotating stock.
lol :lol: i know!!!! :roflmfao:
last year my DH went into BV boutique, looking for 'something' for me for the NY
SA offered him this bag, that bag, this colour, that colour, he was hesistant and eventually told the poor SA - she has at home more than you here in the boutique, i just don't know which one she DOES NOT have... :roflmfao:
He ended up getting me a long cashmere scarf :hbeat:

lol :lol: i know!!!! :roflmfao:
last year my DH went into BV boutique, looking for 'something' for me for the NY
SA offered him this bag, that bag, this colour, that colour, he was hesistant and eventually told the poor SA - she has at home more than you here in the boutique, i just don't know which one she DOES NOT have... :roflmfao:
He ended up getting me a long cashmere scarf :hbeat:
:lol: I don't doubt you have more variety than what BV has on display!
Your collection is absolutely fantastic.