balny vs aloharag - your experiences

PurseSlave, what bag are you looking for? I love Joseph at BalNY but if there is any doubt you might need to return, AR is the way to go. They charge a restocking fee but at least you have some options.

AR doesn't have overnight shipping though. Their shipping is free but not fast!

the only thing I would have to ask BNY for is if I can use 2 credit cards....cause one of mine maxes out at 1200 so I don't want to add the shipping on that same one lol....do you know if they would let me use 2 diff. cards for payment?

HappyAngel said:
Hello:

I am wondering which is the best place to get b-bag thru the phone?? I live in CAnada & I am planning to order a rouille twiggy. I have heard Aloha Rag will have free shipping & Bal, NY will charge $70 US for shipping. What are your experience with ordering from each place? Can you please share? Will they include extra tassels, etc? Is it save to order from Aloha Rag? Thanks!

hiii ive ordered from both and was charged taxes awhile back plus shipping by bal ny and they didnt give the nice balenciaga box....whereas nothing beats the free shipping and no tax aloha rag service...plus u get the white box...in of course i got the extra tassels and everything that should come with it...totally recommend AR

I think they both have good and bad points. I don't pay tax on either so it's mainly the shipping factor. If I weren't unsure about the color and uncertainty of the leather, I'd do AR, but because they charge 50.00 for an exchange, I chose BNY and paid the shipping. I've received boxes from BNY so I'm surprised you didn't get one. I think AR sometimes has the balenciaga boxes but I've also seen their own AR box. Not that I wouldn't use AR since they may have something available that BNY doesn't (and jumpei is very nice) so it's not a big enough difference to not use one or the other. I'd probably use AR for other designers where the leather is consistent or other balenciaga products that don't have the possible leather issue.

purseslave, I've used two different credit cards for a purchase at AR. They are very nice to deal with. I just purchased a cosmetic case from BalNY. SA was very helpful and even sent me pictures to choose which of the 3 to pick from. Their standard shipping is $15, so it sinks I have to pay that much for such a small item.

I've never bought anything from aloharag before... but i probably will... here's an email they sent me:
"We do ship to
canada and shipping is free. I do NOT know how much the duty would be
although we will lower the value and mark it as a gift." :graucho:

that bit sounded really good to me... i once bought a simple lesportsac bag $160 and customs charged me $89... !@#$%^&* :censor: i'm still cussing at them for that till this day...

actually if you want to return something, i would recommend you avoid aloharag at all costs. they are so rude to you and may you pay all the expenses to ship the bag back via air. then they spend weeks determining whether they even want to give you your money back and try to pick at stuff to make it look like your fault... and i speak from experience.

pinkpirate said:
actually if you want to return something, i would recommend you avoid aloharag at all costs. they are so rude to you and may you pay all the expenses to ship the bag back via air. then they spend weeks determining whether they even want to give you your money back and try to pick at stuff to make it look like your fault... and i speak from experience.

ahh that sux..

yeah... the first time they gave in and refunded my money cos i threatened to call my credit card company and do a chargeback. the second time they just didn't care cos it was a pair of denim shorts... they just didn't care cos i'd purchased them on sale and they said they weren't responsible at all even if they're defective cos they're on sale. jumpei was just horribly rude the moment i mentioned RETURN on my balenciaga bag though

Well hey - I just ordered a ROUGE VIF CITY :yahoo: - and they were sooo nice! They said they had some in stock! :P So I hurried and faxed off their form, and then called them to make sure they recv'd it - way way nice! (just hope it comes QUICK!!!!) I wish I had dealt with them on this whole bag journey!

I have ordered from BalNy and had no problems whatsoever with the transaction. Joseph chose a beautiful bag, it came in a Bal box with tissue, dustbag, tags, cards, extra tassels, etc.
I didn't pay tax because I am not in NY and the shipping was $30
I definitely recommend BalNy!

Do know though, that BalNy does not give refunds. They will only do an exchange or store credit.

orinoco said:
I've never bought anything from aloharag before... but i probably will... here's an email they sent me:
"We do ship to
canada and shipping is free. I do NOT know how much the duty would be
although we will lower the value and mark it as a gift." :graucho:

that bit sounded really good to me... i once bought a simple lesportsac bag $160 and customs charged me $89... !@#$%^&* :censor: i'm still cussing at them for that till this day...

At least customs didn't steal any of your stuff!! :rant: :censor:
When another PFer sent me a Louis Vuitton pochette and matching bracelet through the mail (from Canada), customs opened the package to check it out, and NEVER returned the bracelet!!! It was a black multicolor one too :crybaby: .......

I was so mad because I called the shipping company and they said that Customs never opened the package...I was like OH REALLY then WHY IS THERE TAPE ON THE OPENED PACKAGE SEALING IT BACK UP THAT SAYS "CUSTOMS" ON IT?!?! INTERESTING!

I HATE THEM :rant: