Balmain Double breasted blazer help

Dec 4, 2012
I have fallen completely in love with this blazer. But I am confused about the sizing. Are they extremely small in size? Don't know if I am a size 36 or 34. Does anyone has modelling shots with the blazer? balmain-silver-buttoned-double-breasted-blazer.jpg

What size are you in tops or jackets in general?

It's pretty true to size. I am 44 in chanel jackets and I have a size 44 Balmain jacket.

My size in general are always 34/xs in tops/jackets.
I see many people say that they are extremely small, but on websites that sell the jackets it says that they are true to size and the modesl who is modelling the jackets are always super skinny and they wears a size 36.

My size in general are always 34/xs in tops/jackets.
I see many people say that they are extremely small, but on websites that sell the jackets it says that they are true to size and the modesl who is modelling the jackets are always super skinny and they wears a size 36.
Unless you are a true sz 0, or consistently wear sz 34 in french designers like Chanel, Altuzarra, then go for a 34. Its more typical of european sizing than american so runs small.

You can also measure yourself and compare to the sizing chart.

Here it is. Black wool with silver buttons.
Pics taken via Apple Watch... :wave:;)

View attachment 3617133
This is amazing on you - the perfect fit. Could you share your normal US sizing if you don't mind

I'm also looking into buying my first Balmain Blazer - I don't own any other RTW, but I am a size XS or Small in Jackets blazers at Zara which I've heard is more European sizing (XS if I want a fitted look). I'm trying to decide between a 36 and 38 in the Balmain - for a fitted (but not busting at the seams) look!

This is amazing on you - the perfect fit. Could you share your normal US sizing if you don't mind

I'm also looking into buying my first Balmain Blazer - I don't own any other RTW, but I am a size XS or Small in Jackets blazers at Zara which I've heard is more European sizing (XS if I want a fitted look). I'm trying to decide between a 36 and 38 in the Balmain - for a fitted (but not busting at the seams) look!

Thank you! :smile: I don't know my US sizing sorry - but my Burberry classic trench is a size UK 6 if that helps.
The Balmain blazer in size 36 is very fitted on me and actually is a little tight on the arms to put on. I can only wear light fabric tops under it. I didn't have the opportunity to try it on before buying online at Farfetch - but was lucky that I picked the right size.
It sounds like a size 36 will fit you too :smile: oh btw, I watched this:

Thank you! :smile: I don't know my US sizing sorry - but my Burberry classic trench is a size UK 6 if that helps.
The Balmain blazer in size 36 is very fitted on me and actually is a little tight on the arms to put on. I can only wear light fabric tops under it. I didn't have the opportunity to try it on before buying online at Farfetch - but was lucky that I picked the right size.
It sounds like a size 36 will fit you too :smile: oh btw, I watched this:

Thank you so much!! That's been very helpful :flowers: I'm in the exact same boat as you & can't try on!