Balmain Double breasted blazer help

I have been following this thread for a while... and You Tube videos, all the time searching sites for the best deal on a Black and gold button double breasted blazer!!! I went into Nordstroms and tried on 3 sizes and along with the SA decided I was a size Fr 40.
Meanwhile I have bought a few "wannabee" blazers, that looked "OK" (Lioness, Express and Sarah Ashley) but they never quenched the Balmain thirst...I did buy A Veronica Beard Miller blazer in black (The one that allows you to attach and detach with inside zippers the dickeys) which I will still keep and wear.
Finally getting your dream Balmain blazer in the middle of summer is bitter sweet .. you have it.. but can't wear it out as it's to hot!! So like a few ladies on here..I dressed up in the AC yesterday and did some blazer try on's...
I was amazed with the quality and the construction and the weight of the blazer, its a size 40, and it has gold buttons with Balmain written on them..And it is 100% LOVE.
Loved hearing your journey, which many are still traversing. best part is that you realized that this style works for you after getting the "wannabes", and was able to try different sizes in person with guided help before figuring out the best size. would love to see when you do break it out in F/W! you'll have this forever...it may not be trendy, but that comes and goes. a balmain blazer with its specific cut and quality will always be flattering on.

Hello!!!
Yes..it was a more of a wait game to me for me...but I did it!!.. I purchased mine from The Real Real pre loved/owned and it arrived last week, knowing the size helped a great deal, even tho I had read and heard that fabrics and cuts could differ, I still kept to the size I tried on and liked the best, which was a Fr 40, and The Real Real offer returns. so that was my final decision.
I had been told to check out LYST, as they have great deals, Which they do, but decided against it as I would be responsible for the return if needed, and that scared me, as most of the online stores are in Europe. In fact some Blazers are $1100, which is incredible.. but I didn't want to risk the headache of a return to Italy (italist.*******) if needed.
SO..Here is my new to me Balmain black and gold button blazer styled 3 ways...and its arrival photo.

View attachment 5579052

View attachment 5579053
gorgeous :heart:

Reactions: Hammer101
I have been following this thread for a while... and You Tube videos, all the time searching sites for the best deal on a Black and gold button double breasted blazer!!! I went into Nordstroms and tried on 3 sizes and along with the SA decided I was a size Fr 40.
Meanwhile I have bought a few "wannabee" blazers, that looked "OK" (Lioness, Express and Sarah Ashley) but they never quenched the Balmain thirst...I did buy A Veronica Beard Miller blazer in black (The one that allows you to attach and detach with inside zippers the dickeys) which I will still keep and wear.
Finally getting your dream Balmain blazer in the middle of summer is bitter sweet .. you have it.. but can't wear it out as it's to hot!! So like a few ladies on here..I dressed up in the AC yesterday and did some blazer try on's...
I was amazed with the quality and the construction and the weight of the blazer, its a size 40, and it has gold buttons with Balmain written on them..And it is 100% LOVE.
YEEAAA! I too love Balmain!!! Turn up your AC and enjoy your blazer.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this fabric combo.
Is it soft? structured? stretchy? or stiff? if anyone has one or can point to a link of a pic of it..that would be great. Thanks

balfabric.jpg

I've been thinking about my first Balmain blazer and I found that Matches Fashion lists the measurements.
View attachment 5314828

But...can this be right???? How could the sleeves on the larger sizes be sooooo long? They would be 7.5 inches too long for me. I'm worried that having them shortened that much, they will end up looking wonky.

Has anyone had the sleeves shortened? Did you get it done at Balmain or elsewhere? How did it come out? Were you able to keep your plackets? When I've had blazers tailored in the past, they just hemmed the sleeve and sewed the buttons on -- no placket/buttonholes. Hated that.

Why the heck would the larger sizes even have longer sleeves? Gaining weight does not make your arms grow longer.

As promised here are some mod pics from by Navy Balmain Blazer
Size 38 FR but I had to have the sleeves shortened.
I also lost 3 kg recently so now I am able to wear it closed!![emoji28]

View attachment 4016263

View attachment 4016264
Nice! When you had the sleeves shortened, did they just move a button up? Did they make a buttonhole? My sleeves are too long too, and I'm nervous to have them fixed....