Ballon Bleu - great deal, would you do it?

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
I would love to hear your thoughts:

i have the option to buy the BB in SS with diamond markers, preloved with all docs, just one year old for half the retail

however it is the 28 size so it is quartz - love the look and the size on me but the quartz part....

it would be my only arm candy, I sold love and JUC bracelets and my rolex i wore for last 20 years for a number of reasons and would like to get something i will wear for a while but dont like stacks

would you go for it?

Depends on how great a deal. Cartier warranty is only two years I believe and I have heard they are expensive to repair. I'd save the money and buy another Rolex. You can get an oyster perpetual with no date for around 4-5k depending on size.

If you don't like the size or that it is a quartz, then I wouldn't buy it. A great deal is only a great deal if you love the piece you would be getting. Rolex and Patek have much higher resale value on the pre-owned market than other brands. Therefore, I would expect a small size quartz Cartier to be pretty close half its list price. If you don't love this watch, wait, save up, and get one you really like.

Depends on how great a deal. Cartier warranty is only two years I believe and I have heard they are expensive to repair. I'd save the money and buy another Rolex. You can get an oyster perpetual with no date for around 4-5k depending on size.

If you don't like the size or that it is a quartz, then I wouldn't buy it. A great deal is only a great deal if you love the piece you would be getting. Rolex and Patek have much higher resale value on the pre-owned market than other brands. Therefore, I would expect a small size quartz Cartier to be pretty close half its list price. If you don't love this watch, wait, save up, and get one you really like.

thanks for your responses - yes I realised that it is not a 'watchperson's' watch - I like the size but the quartz thing somehow bothers me - and then I am wondering whether I just want some arm candy or truly a watch (I suspect the first). If I were to get a proper watch, I would get the new IWC lady's line - we'll see :smile: