Ballet Flats

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone,

I really hope somone can give my some advice I'm currently looking for some everday ballet flats to go with jeans/work skirts etc. I love the Chanel quilted ones but as I live in rainy Oxford, England I was wondering how they would hold up? I would hate to trash them in a year. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Katy

2. I don't have them, but here's a BUMP

3. You may want to try a patent pair because they seem to hold up better in rain. I spray all of mine with leather protector, including the bottoms of the shoes. I let each coat dry and give it several coats. Spraying the bottom (which is usually leather and a bit soft) helps prevent everything from soaking up through the sole. I even spray my patent shoes, not just the lambskin ones. Using the spray on patent sometimes creates a white film at first, but I rub it around and it soaks into the patent. I usually use Apple Care spray.

4. Thanks for the tip Chi town Chanel! I never thought of spraying the bottoms of my shows and sometimes I trash one pair in a month in our lovely SF weather! I'm going to try that with my next pair :smile:.

5. Sorry, this is late, but be careful with the patent Chanel flats! I found they run almost a size smaller than what I normally wear! I bought on ebay, so I had to stretch mine out since there were no returns :sad: