Ballerina Comfort Report (Warning! Enabler Post)

Hey Ms P, do report back! I'll have to make a commission arrangement with your local store soon!

Thanks Tanja, I don't remember seeing the Bebe brand anywhere in London though. I'll ask around I guess. Will try Garnier this weekend.

Ok, here's the report:

Tried the ballerina and they were good. I love the woven look and the ribbon on it is really sweet. However, I wasn't too crazy about the Quarzo nor Old Petra (only colours available in S'pore). Am hesitant to special order the Poudre as I have not seen it in person (I have to commit if I special order them) much as I suspect they look good.

It's likely to be the coin purse flats in Noce then. They were also softer as its nappa leather but am concern on the durability. The SA is gonna try to order it in half a size up as I prefer my flats to be slightly larger.

So I decided to try on the peep-toe pumps in Noce. And it was the perfect fit! It's so comfortable despite the 3.5 inch heels. Let me just say you gotta see and try it in person to really appreciate the detail, the workmanship and the cut of the shoe. Its absolutely lady-like and does wonder to slim my broad feet. Apparently BV shoes share the same manufacturer as Jimmy Choo.

I also found a continental wallet the same style as my Pergamena french wallet, except it is in Noce with patent Magnolia braids. It's perfect as a clutch to match the Noce peep-toes.

And lastly, a silk satin box clutch in Nero will also be joining my fast growing BV collection (and even fast dwindling wallet).

P/S ebruo, the gold sandals were ever better in person, no doubts about it.

Oooooh ms piggy!! So you're getting 2 pairs of shoes - heels + coin flats, another continental wallet and a box clutch?!?!

:nuts:

When are you getting your HEALTHY serving of BV? Pics please!! :yes:

Yes Nymph, clearly I have lost the plot too :Push: (note to ebruo, you’re a darn good enabler).

Now that I am firmly back on earth and upon seeing the POOR health of my finances (2 BV bags and a wallet in a span of 2 months burn BIG holes in your pocket) (note to myself : money does NOT grow on trees), I have decided to just get the box clutch this month as its limited in quantity (and in hot demand). The shoes I’ll put on hold till next month (plus the SA needs to check on a larger size on those coin purse flats). Am seriously reconsidering the continental wallet (love it but may not be too practical as a true clutch).

I’ll post pic when I get them. Promise. :yes:

Awww... But I absolutely know where you're coming from.

Taking into consideration your limited finances, I would say to skip the Continental Wallet purchase first...

Good strategy on purchasing the hot box clutch first! I'm gonna swing by the store now on my way to Paragon to check it out. Too impatient to wait for pics!! :P

Good strategy on purchasing the hot box clutch first! I'm gonna swing by the store now on my way to Paragon to check it out. Too impatient to wait for pics!! :P

There's a pic on the BV website (under Icons) but nothing beats seeing it in person. Let me know what ya think.

Ms Piggy! Shame we don't live in the same city, could have split our lunch sandwiches or taken turns to cook on a budget! I love the fact that this whole enabling thing is happening from the two ends of the world!

I am trying to do a reality check too and the more I think about it, the more confused I get. This Friday, I will finally make the full payment on the limo bag and make sure I find a way of posting pics, which I'm crap at. I leave the wallet wtc purchase to another month. Now, do I keep the gold sandals? They are £345 i.e. over usd700. I am not getting the gold sloane, I think 4 woven shoulder bags will be overkill!!! I think the noce peeptoe pump should stay, right? Now this is where it gets really confusing. I also have my heart set on a very very light beige/yellow jumbo chanel flap! But isn't it a better idea to buy one summer bag and wear it to death and save money for fall season? What do you think ladies? Please help! Off-handbag-topic, but I also found a great Matthew Williamson short-sleeved silk tunic for the Summer for £500. Maybe a few key clothing pieces rather than two bags will be a better investment? Going crazy trying to decide! Big kiss to everyone!

Tough tough choices, ebruo, but here's what I would get:

- Limo BV
- Noce pumps
- Gold sandals (they're too gorgeous to let go!)
- Matthew Williamsonn silk tunic

Not sure about the Chanel, but will the bag still be around next season? You've already got a fabulous bag with the Limo, so I'd rather spend on clothes than blow my entire budget on 2 bags :P

There's a pic on the BV website (under Icons) but nothing beats seeing it in person. Let me know what ya think.

Didn't manage to get to the store before it closed, but am gonna try again later :P

e, we could be the blond and the brunette living on shoe-string budget together (pun intended)! LOL. :lol:

Tell me about reality checks, ouch. Ok, the Noce pumps MUST stay. I agree with passing on the gold Sloane. The gold sandal I’m not too sure either. On one hand its gorgeous (adore the design and the intricate detail), on the other its rather dear for a sandal (not helping huh).

The Chanel jumbo flap sounds good too, but I am partial to reissues (kicking myself all the time for missing out on the 2005 grey reissue, give me a shout if you ever find one at your end). Love MW too, such flirty dresses.

I like the idea of a few key items each season wearing/pairing them to death with others. These days I tend to go for classic stuff, be it bags, shoes, clothes or accessories (goodness knows I have paid enough tuition fees; I have learned the hard way $$$ definitely do not grow on trees). I think of them as investments, ha ha ha. :lol:

Personally, the most crucial determinant (aside from price) is how much I love/adore it. If I couldn’t imagine life without it, I would get it (who cares what others think). Hope I make sense. xo

Ladies of Singapore, my dear style counselors...wouldn't we make great personal shoppers! (Not to mention o.d'ing on employee discount). Whatever we all decide to go for in the end, this is so much fun - the online debate on shopping and shallow obsessing as tpf calls for! Loving it, this is what being a girl calls for (no age limit for being a girlie!)

Nymph sweetie, unfortunately the Chanel jumbo is a seasonal colour, although I'm sure there will be another light shade next year.

Ms P, I love love love the reissues, I just liked the colour and roominess of this particular jumbo. I guess it's become a habit to consider each new purchase in the context of suitability for work. I carry around too much stuff! Also, what did you decide to get in the end?

I am thoroughly enjoying it. This forum, and the shallow obsessing with you darlings have really make my days, such a wonderful departure to the seriousness (read stuffiness) of my job. Love it that there is someone half way round the globe that shares and understands my OCD on fashion!

Have the same habit of buying bags with the consideration for work too. Not only are big bags roomy, IMO they make me look smaller (that’s the vainness in me) ha ha ha.

I’ll get the silk satin box clutch in Nero this weekend. What ya think? 500 quid a good buy for silk satin? The shoes I’ll postpone to next month.