Ball gown/Evening Dress help needed!!

xxbagsxx

Aug 31, 2014
London
I have prom (as juvenile and irrelevant as that seems) in a year (must be well prepared) and I wanted to be searching for my dress when i go back to London this summer (I attend school in Switzerland) and I'm pretty lost as to where to go to find my dress.
I have a curvy body with a large bust but a smaller waist (think hourglass) and I have a medium olive skintone.
I'm thinking Candice Swanepoel at the Met Gala this year, cinched in waist, flowy train and Skirt. I don't want to go too OTT but I also do want a tight fitting top and flowy skirt so definitely ballgown style.

Can anyone give me ideas of where to go, online or in store, preferably in London but I will also be in Brazil, Paris and Portugal this summer if there are designers there I could use.
I'm pretty flexible with pricing although I don't want to go over the top ridiculous and my main look that I'm going for is elegant glamour. Any help would be much appreciated.

bklner2014

Feb 5, 2014
Sorry I don't have suggestions, but why don't you consider searching for a gown closer to the date of your prom? If you purchase a dress a year in advance, you might end up regretting it or finding other dresses you like better closer to the date of your prom. Also I'm not sure if the style that you have in mind is an on-trend one - if so it may no longer be in fashion next year, so that's something else to consider. All the best with your dress search! :smile:

Reactions: chicinthecity777

Lucyluck123

Oct 17, 2016
I like looking for inspiration on Rent the Runway. I would suggest waiting - trends can and will change!