ball closure annie / ida etc

BAYLEY39

Jan 5, 2008
hi girls

passing the time on a sunday afternoon looking at mulberry :drool: xx

i sold my ida totally unused and brand new because i couldn't get on with the closure, don't get me wrong the initial idea looks great and i was drawn to it because the same fastening on the annie works wonderfully and is very secure and doesn't come open on it's own

i found the ida only stayed shut if you filled you bag literally to the rim but i have come across a messenger bag with the same colsure and wondered if i would encounter the same issue it looks gorgeous
opinions please pivture borrowed from ebay

63e6_1.jpg

reply was because it is smaller than the ida the bag would be quite full keeping the fastener in place but i dont fancy stuffing the bag to keep it shut it would look like a balloon

i am wondering if anyone ever brought this up with mulberry as a design fault ? x

It works so well on the Annie though doesn't it?......shame it was so insecure on the Ida. Maybe try pm'ing mulberrymania as she may have had one pass through her hands in the past and might be able to comment.

yes i will do and yes the annie is fab but i am wondering if this is because the annie fastening bridges the back and front of the bag rather than just been a front flap, i don't know it just seem bizarre that it works so well for one and not for another xx