Balenciaga Y date code

Mariz924

Aug 24, 2020
Hi! Would anyone know which year the Y series bag for Balenciaga was made? Is it even Y or O? It's a mini giant that I believe was purchased recently although there was no info card included. Thank you.

20200824_130641.jpg

Thank you! Oh can you tell me more about that mysterious O tag? I'm not very sure where it was purchased originally but I was going to buy this to my friend (for about $400) but my issue was it doesn't have a mirror and an info card?

Thank you! Oh can you tell me more about that mysterious O tag? I'm not very sure where it was purchased originally but I was going to buy this to my friend (for about $400) but my issue was it doesn't have a mirror and an info card?
Well, if you look on the end of the first line, see the "O"? This has been showing up for a number of years on bags that typically don't belong in the season the tag indicates. I have one myself, and while many of the bags don't fit the known parameters they appear to be authentic. For instance mine was made out of a type of leather that Bal hadn't used for years. I've asked a few people where they've purchased their "O" bags and some say from outlet stores but we really don't know the back story on these "O" tag bags.
if you're wanting to get this one authenticated please feel free to post on the AT thread with the required photos. The first post on the thread with have a link showing which photos are needed and the position the details should be shown in. Here's the link for the thread...

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-balenciaga.936807/page-858#post-33168515

Thank you for shedding light on that. I am guessing this was bought in an outlet store. I will check the link and post photos for authentication. Thank you for your time:smile: