Balenciaga: What Keeps The Interest Alive

Highfive!!!! I was exactly like you! I was really into LV years back and started with a Reporter GM, had numberous LV from Suhali to Utah but I felt really empty inside (!!!) and always wanted to get rid of my LV and buy another newer style.

Balenciaga is a totally different story, the love is so passionate. Only death can do us apart!

This is an interesting question.
Before Balenciaga, I never started "collecting" more than one bag of the same style.
Now I do, not to have a collection, but to use them!
Color and style can produce different effects (a white oval can be very elegant, a tabac day very casual... and so on) so I think it depends on the combination of these aspects, plus of course the leather!
If I find a 04 bag I'm looking for, I can immediately sell one of the recent ones...

So, it's not just the leight weight, or the very good leather, but also the different colors for every season and the "rock" style, which I really like.
And I think I'll go on liking for a while :yes:

;)After I reread my title, I realized that my personal statement, did indeed, sound like a question....but alas, there's no question....Just wanting to hear other's who feel like I do! SHould have said "This is what Keeps MY interest Alive"!:love::heart:

I went through a little LV craze just recently before I was enabled into Bbags by a friend. The thing with LV for me is, ok, I've got something in damier azur, mono, and multicolor and now feel content with my LV collection. I couldn't see myself buying more than one bag in the same mono pattern, and alot of the styles are too 'plain' looking for me.

But with Bbags, you not only have different styles to dab into, but colors. I think much more of a combination of things to choose from. I guess LV has its limited edition items, but kind of way out of my price range for coated canvas. At least with Balenciaga, its leather.

What a great question! The answer is just so multi-faceted. I'm sure there are many of us, who prior to joining TPF and prior to buying our first bbag, wld never have thought we would buy so many bags of the same brand obsessively :P

It is indeed the price point. High enough to be considered a luxury item, yet not high enough eg Chanel flaps or Hermes bags to be out of reach of most of us. Even if we do not have high incomes, we can always save to get that bbag. And the next. And the next :P

And then, there's the constant challenge of getting the latest hottest colour. But that's not the most important thing. We also want the best leather, in our personal views.

Also, being on TPF doesn't help, because we keep enabling each other. Seriously, if I wasn't on TPF and never knew about it, I highly doubt I'd be snapping up so many bbags within such a short time!

Also, being on TPF doesn't help, because we keep enabling each other. Seriously, if I wasn't on TPF and never knew about it, I highly doubt I'd be snapping up so many bbags within such a short time![/quote]:woohoo:

I went through a little LV craze just recently before I was enabled into Bbags by a friend. The thing with LV for me is, ok, I've got something in damier azur, mono, and multicolor and now feel content with my LV collection. I couldn't see myself buying more than one bag in the same mono pattern, and alot of the styles are too 'plain' looking for me.

But with Bbags, you not only have different styles to dab into, but colors. I think much more of a combination of things to choose from. I guess LV has its limited edition items, but kind of way out of my price range for coated canvas. At least with Balenciaga, its leather.
I went LV crazy too, but they didn't have the WOW factor like Bals do. Like everyone says the colors are so gorgeous. I like the fact that you can have three people with blue Bal cities, but they are different in a way because of the shades of blue.

^^^THat's what I love too! Not to rag on lv again, but as an example, I hated the fact that I could spend money on a speedy, for example, and every other speedy being carried in the universe, looks exactly mine. It was depressing to me! LOL
I LOVE how these bags have characteristics and nuances all their own which make them unique and special!

Oh! I bet that's it!! Genius!:roflmfao:

Maybe when we carry them backwards, subliminal messages are released!

(If you're younger than 30, you may have no idea what I'm talking about! LOL)

And I couldn't agree more! Believe me mshel, I am wayyyy old enough to be over this kind of obsession and addiction, but I am not over it at all! I have bought 7 Bbags since September of 2007. Does that tell you something?? I love reading the threads and posts and seeing the droolworthy pictures of the bags because, as you said, they are all different!! Guess we are addicted for the long haul!!

Uh oh girls, make that eight!!! Yesterday I brought home a gorgeous, Lt. Magenta Fleur City!!! It is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!!! :yahoo:I am going NUTS over these bags!! :shame: