Balenciaga v. LV?

I love my Bals, they are beautifully made and they're subtle comapred to LV in that they don't scream designer but is enough to catch attention. I also like that they go with everything, whereas sometimes my LVs do not go with hoodies etc.

i love both, I perfer LV RIGHT NOW over my Bbags but that might change later on...

Bals doesn't scream out designer, it's very low key, only someone who actually appreciates balenciagas would notice your bag, and i've only gotten smiles from other bbags owner. Whereas I notice if I carry my LVs around then I would sometimes get "The Look". I don't get bothered at all by those idiots but I do perfer my bals when I want to be low key. And most of their leather is TDF, the colors are beautiful, and it's just really casual chic imo.

So I was deciding between LV and Bal, but I went with LV.

I don't know, but Bal seems tooo everyday for me. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't look real put together. Like if I was too lazy to dress up, and jsut scrubbed out, I'd probably wear a Bal. I just don't know if I think its real dressy enough..

So I'm still ify if I still want a Bal.

I haven't seen a black Bal city in person, so I can't really say.

I have been buying LVs & Gucci's are years.. but i recently got a BBag.. and it's amazing..
but i think i'll stick with LV since there are more styles available.. cuz BBags are more about the diff colours..

I love how understated yet stylish BBags are (IMO). So as much as I love LV, the next bag on my wish list is a BBag. I have my eyes on the City or Part Time in white. Just fab :love:.

I would love a Bal work with the large silver hardware.But their are so many LV's I want and bills must be paid. But I saw them IRL at Barneys in Seattle and I love them.

Bbags in regular hardware are extremely light to carry. Also, the color options are outstanding. I think comparing the two brands is like apples and oranges. Some people prefer bbags for their non-logo appeal. It just depends on what you're looking for.

Is Bal's leather pretty scratch resistant? Do you find Bal's workmanship better? To be honest, I don't think LV's work is that great but I just love the look and style so I'm a devotee.

The leather can scratch but it is not difficult to deal with

I can't say the workmanship is better - quality issues arise too with this brand as with LV

sorry, I didn't mean to start a bashing thread. Maybe we should close this?

I know you didn't but sometimes they turn into one and I wanted to remind people to please be considerate and respectful of other brands and the people who like them :yes:

No need to close at this time :nogood:

ITA, I have just bought my first Bal and I have to say that the leather is one of the most beautiful things I have ever felt. I think LV and Bal are very different.

I think Bal has amazing craftsmanship and the brand has come a long long way from what it once was. Sometimes LV is a little too flashy and its nice to have something subtle and looks high end but is not over logo'd and screams "I HAVE A DESIGNER BAG" but I like them both for different reasons and its nice to have a change.

Which Bal did you buy Steve? :nuts:

The leather can be so varied... from thick to thin, shiny to matte, veiny to smooth, chewey to... I am literally drooling as I type this :drool:

I get just as many compliments on the colors and leather of my Bals as I do on the shapes and styles of my LVs :tup:

I used to love LV very much, then convert to Bal cause I got tierd of the logos and "THAT LOOK" people would give you, but now I start buying LV again because I still find them pretty and LV's tougher and easier to be taken care of, (have to hold my bbag and run as fast as I can when it's raining) and if you just use what you like and don't care about what other people think, then nothing can bother you.