Balenciaga to open Los Angeles boutique!!!

They're finally doing it!!!!!!!!!

it's been 3 years since I first heard the rumor about Balenciaga opening a second flagship in LA. I'm really curious to see what kind of theme the new LA store is going to have, and which architect they're going to hire this time to decorate/renovate the store! Exciting!!!!!!!:yahoo;

If we purchased from BalNY via mail - why would we be paying taxes in California? Is it because of some laws regarding corporations?

When I order from REI back east - no tax. If I were to order from REI here in Cali - tax. Is REI failing to follow the law?

If we purchased from BalNY via mail - why would we be paying taxes in California? Is it because of some laws regarding corporations?

When I order from REI back east - no tax. If I were to order from REI here in Cali - tax. Is REI failing to follow the law?

Hmmm...good question.:shrugs: My understanding is if there is a presence in the State of that particular store, they are bound by state law to impose sales tax. It doesn't matter if you are ordering the item from another state. They are bound to impose the sales tax of your area they are shipping to. For instance where I live my sales tax is 7.975%...the city next to me where my post box is has a sales tax of 8.25%. If the item comes to my residence I'm charged the 7.975% rate. If it goes to my post box, I'm charged the 8.25% rate. Taxes.....I guess they are a necessary evil:devil:

Hmmm...good question.:shrugs: My understanding is if there is a presence in the State of that particular store, they are bound by state law to impose sales tax. It doesn't matter if you are ordering the item from another state. They are bound to impose the sales tax of your area they are shipping to. For instance where I live my sales tax is 7.975%...the city next to me where my post box is has a sales tax of 8.25%. If the item comes to my residence I'm charged the 7.975% rate. If it goes to my post box, I'm charged the 8.25% rate. Taxes.....I guess they are a necessary evil:devil:

I think you're right, but if you're ordering from larger retailers, such as REI or Target or wherever, many times their phone/internet orders are all handled by a separate store division so unless you live where the HQ are for this division, you're still golden. However, once I ordered some cosmetics through Nordstrom, and my package was prepared at a Chicago store and then sent to me in St. Louis. So it just depends on the retailer. Bal is not so big, obviously, and I would bet that the NY and LA stores will share a common stock supplier, so the taxes will be imposed.

Well, I have some news. I think the new store is going to be in NM at Fashion Island. I was just there yesterday, and their stock of BBags is WAY up from last time. The SA told me that they were going to expand even further and would have "the whole store". The regular Balenciaga SA who has all of the details is there during the week, so I'm going to call her and find out.

Well, I have some news. I think the new store is going to be in NM at Fashion Island. I was just there yesterday, and their stock of BBags is WAY up from last time. The SA told me that they were going to expand even further and would have "the whole store". The regular Balenciaga SA who has all of the details is there during the week, so I'm going to call her and find out.

Really? Wow. I was there on Friday and they did seem to have a lot of stock. It would be cool if Balenciaga had a stand alone store...but I'll take NM at Fashion Island since it's about 10 minutes away from me. :tup:

So I've got the story: NM at Newport will have a Balenciaga boutique (like what Chanel has). It will be a freestanding boutique within the store but will still be owned by NM.

BTW, Megan also told me the Step will be discontinued after this season.