Balenciaga Tan or Pewter? Help me decide!

chidzuyo

Mar 18, 2006
Hi, it's my first time getting a Balenciaga and I need help on deciding on the colors.

Tan: It's the one sitting sideways between the orange and the white. (got this pic from one of the threads here. thanks to whoever took this photo)

Pewter:

I'm a 20 years old undergrad and I would like a bag color that I can bring to school, play and work. I've heard of lot of raves about pewter. But it seems to me that pewter looks rather flashy and metallic in a lot of the pics I've seen, so I'm wondering if it's really like that?

As for tan, will it be too serious and boring for casual dressing?

Help me decide!

Tans too boring even for school and work, get something between Tan and Metallic. Although, I did see a girl with a metallic bronze/pewter, it looked beautiful....wasn't too flashy! At your age go for something fun!

The pewter is defeinitely hot- but not so sure its as practical, especially for work- but then I guess that depends on where you work and what you have to wear. I actually really like the tan. The color IRL is so rich and beautiful. Either way, you can't go wrong! Let us know what you decide!

I'd vote for the tan, but I'm not a fan of metallics. I think the tan will have more staying power.

BTW, is that orange bag in the picture the "box" or the "twiggy"?

pseub said:
I'd vote for the tan, but I'm not a fan of metallics. I think the tan will have more staying power.

BTW, is that orange bag in the picture the "box" or the "twiggy"?

The rust bag is the Twiggy.

IMO, the cognac/tan bag looks darker IRL than it does in the picture.

I don't think the cognac would be too boring for you. It looks great with jeans. However, I don't think that it is a color that you would want to take out at night. If you go out a lot and want to use the bag for that purpose, I would go with the pewter. That being said, the cognac is going to be much easier to find than the pewter since it is still available for retail sale. You'll most likely have to look to eBay to find the pewter. Good luck.