Balenciaga suede?

May 29, 2007
Hi all! I am contemplating on buying a suede Bal, actually suede anything lol. Is it high maintenance? And for those who own a suede bag, how does it compare to the lambskin and goat? Thanks!

I love suede to bits. It´s soft and warm and the colors are beautiful. You won´t have any shine compared to lambskin/goat, which I sometimes miss. And the maintenance is higher. I personally waterproof suede to prevent the bag especially from darkening on the handles. As time goes on the bag
can get dirty regardless. There is a special brush for suede I use for that. Than I refresh the waterproofing and it´s okay again. I attache a picture of the brush. And one of my suede bags after some wear. I hope this helps. :smile:
705-velours-boy_1024.jpg
lila suede 002 kl.jpg

I love suede to bits. It´s soft and warm and the colors are beautiful. You won´t have any shine compared to lambskin/goat, which I sometimes miss. And the maintenance is higher. I personally waterproof suede to prevent the bag especially from darkening on the handles. As time goes on the bag
can get dirty regardless. There is a special brush for suede I use for that. Than I refresh the waterproofing and it´s okay again. I attache a picture of the brush. And one of my suede bags after some wear. I hope this helps. :smile:
705-velours-boy_1024.jpg
View attachment 3762043

This !
Your bag is a dream :love::heart:

Thanks so much for your feedback. Your bag is beautiful, it still looks new! I am in love with my suede velo, no regrets on the purchase. I hope to maintain mine so it will look as wonderful as yours in the years to come. Thanks for the helpful tips!

You´re welcome. It is a little work but for me it´s worth it. Enjoy your velo :smile:

705-velours-boy_1024.jpg
View attachment 3762043
That is 1 hell-of-a STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS bag!!! Thanks for your post w/ info.