BALENCIAGA SMALL BAZAR | Slightly damaged corner | What to do?

thomasj93

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Hi fellow bag lovers,

I just purchased a Balenciaga Bazar in the small size from their Paris St. Honoré store. When I arrived back in my country I noticed the top corner is slightly damaged. Since I'm a total controlfreak/perfectionist it annoys me. I have attached I photo of it, please let me know if I should contact their customer service but also let me know if I'm overreacting!

Thomas

Attachments

• 19532606_10213437440920799_831677187_o.jpg
    19532606_10213437440920799_831677187_o.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 248
Hi fellow bag lovers,

I just purchased a Balenciaga Bazar in the small size from their Paris St. Honoré store. When I arrived back in my country I noticed the top corner is slightly damaged. Since I'm a total controlfreak/perfectionist it annoys me. I have attached I photo of it, please let me know if I should contact their customer service but also let me know if I'm overreacting!

Thomas
In "my world" you are not overreacting. I'd contact customer service immediately, if by e-mail with lots of close-ups of the damaged corner, pdf:s of receipts etc. You should be able to have a replacement- or a refund if you are willing. It's not control freakish to me to expect a brand new luxury item bought directly from Bal or one of their retailers at "luxury" price, to be in perfect condition :smile: Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

In "my world" you are not overreacting. I'd contact customer service immediately, if by e-mail with lots of close-ups of the damaged corner, pdf:s of receipts etc. You should be able to have a replacement- or a refund if you are willing. It's not control freakish to me to expect a brand new luxury item bought directly from Bal or one of their retailers at "luxury" price, to be in perfect condition :smile: Good luck and please let us know how it goes!
Hi fellow bag lovers,

Thomas
Beautiful bag! These bags are handmade and these small imperfections are not common but maybe to be expected when traveling with it?

I totally understand your feelings because I'm very picky.:P If I see that in a store before I buy, I will ask them to bring another one. However, I can easily see that part will be scuffed in use. If there is no other flaw, I think I could let it slide. But I really understand it is hard for you to let it slide and it really bugs you.

I don't know if it is possible with Bal because I have never done it, but some high end brands offer worldwide exchange. I exchanged some things which I bought in Europe, for other things in US. If you live close to a Bal boutique, I suggest you ask if you could exchange it in there, so that you can pick the perfect one.:smile: I hope it will end nicely for you.

I send and email to customer service, however I am not sure if I will exchange it as, just like LoveM&S said, it will probably scuff when I use it. The first flaw always hurts the most right haha

Just wanted to give an update: I contacted customer service and they have forwarded my e-mail to the store. However I haven't got a correct response yet which is kinda strange... I emailed them again but still no response.

After being in doubt if I should keep it or not I decided to keep in cause there will appear some damage after awhile. However after carrying it for three times I noticed the back of the bag got damaged as well... I am super disappointed in the quality of the bag and emailed them again to return the bag and hopefully get a refund... So disappointed because the bag was my graduation gift. Will keep you guys posted!

Just wanted to give an update: I contacted customer service and they have forwarded my e-mail to the store. However I haven't got a correct response yet which is kinda strange... I emailed them again but still no response.

After being in doubt if I should keep it or not I decided to keep in cause there will appear some damage after awhile. However after carrying it for three times I noticed the back of the bag got damaged as well... I am super disappointed in the quality of the bag and emailed them again to return the bag and hopefully get a refund... So disappointed because the bag was my graduation gift. Will keep you guys posted!
That's a shame :flowers: I hope they'll work something out with you.

I can tell you that I've seen a lot of these new Bazar bags in different colours being resoldb having been worn for only a short time. From what I understand, the striped Bazars with white stripes,get marks pretty easily..