balenciaga sizing question :)

Aug 31, 2009
Hi there! I'm new to Balenciaga bags, so if this question's been answered, apologies!

I'd LOVE to get a Balenciaga as an everyday bag, and now I finally have the excuse to get one! (Am thinking of retiring my everyday Fendi.)

My question: Is there a big difference in weight and carry ease between the City and First? I don't often like to carry bags in my elbow for long periods of time, so I'd probably carry my bag on my shoulder or messenger style if possible.

I haven't had time to go to the boutique to take a look, so any help is appreciated! (Maybe in time to hint to the bf about what to get me...hehe!)

No i would say no difference at all between weight and carry ease of those two bags! If you like shoulder bags maybe you should look into the Day as well, although both the City and First can be shoulder bags if you use the strap.

No i would say no difference at all between weight and carry ease of those two bags! If you like shoulder bags maybe you should look into the Day as well, although both the City and First can be shoulder bags if you use the strap.

Do you know if Balenciaga sells longer straps so that I could turn the City/First into a messenger? Sometimes it's nice to have both arms free :biggrin: Or do you think they would look weird worn messenger? Thanks!

if you think to get a messenger style, you can try to look at the New balenciaga Velo, it can be worn messenger style... however, you also can consider balenciaga part-time, as it has a longer strap than the city :smile:

Totally agree about the Velo! It looks quite similar to the City but is a bit deeper and with a longer shoulder strap that you can wear crossbody. And it is not heavy. I just got one and I love it!!:tup:

I think the First may be too small for an everyday bag? I don't think you can fit all your essentials in it. The City will be an great choice for daily uses.

You can consider the Velo or the Town, they both had longer strap. Good luck!