BALENCIAGA Santa Fe get-together

maxxout

O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
There was talk of meeting in Santa Fe in another thread but it got lost somewhere, so I thought I would start it up again.

New Mexico is a really beautiful place with mountains and deserts and art, exceptional restaurants and of course, RDC is there. Santa Fe is cosmopolitan in spirit but village-like in scale. We could meet up in Santa Fe, walk around the plaza where there is the main museum, great shops of all kinds, Native Americans sitting on big blankets all around the square selling their stuff, then walk over to meet up with Corey to look at BALENCIAGAS. There is a ton of things to do.

Anyone interested? If so, throw out a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
*maxxout* - I totally agree; love New Mexico ... probably my FAVORITE state of all! Beautiful scenery, no humidity (love it!), lots of sunshine, no mosquitos (really love that!) and with the high altitude, 1 drink does the trick (:P)!!

We should ask Corey about the timeframe; sometime when it's warm but not too hot?!?!

^^^
It would be so cool if you showed up. When I first joined the forum and researched the archives, the images of your bags and a few others like lovelygarments and pilatesworks were the ones that really got to me. It would be amazing to all be in one place at one time.
Because Santa Fe is so high in altitude, the summer is never very hot. But it is in other areas of New Mexico. The winters are mild. You can ski in the mountains but not even have snow in the lower altitudes. But sounds like you prefer the spring?

Well, I'm a surprisingly frequent visitor to NM, as I have some dear friends (almost second family really) who live north of Taos. And I will be over next year in the spring. Sadly I probably wouldn't be able to make a meet-up - if I was alone then I'd be all for it, but my friends aren't PF peeps, and I suspect they'd think I was quite mad ;).

Santa Fe has great weather all year in my opinion. Right now it's Bal Biker Jacket time with Winter temps in the 40s & 50s or 60s during the day which is filled with sunshine and @ 7000ft you can really feel it ;o) The nights are cold, around or under freezing usually. We get snow, but it melts off the pavement usually the next day or two depending on depth. What I love is the snow sticks to the scenery: Chamisa, Pinon and Juniper so it looks really pretty but isn't a big bother. Much easier than the East Coast Winters!

How about Restaurant Week in Santa Fe: March 6th thru 13th, 2011? It's a rare and wonderful opportunity to dine at top restaurants like Geronimo, The Compound and Coyote Cafe for only $40 per person, or any of the slightly less elite, but still delicious establishments for only $25. My husband and I had a great time at this event earlier this year and would love to have some meals with fellow Balenciaga collectors and fans. Here's a link about that:
http://santafe.newmexicorestaurantweek.com/

This would be the beginning of Spring so the temps would be around 50s to 60s in the sunshiny days. It becomes warmer into the 60s by April and 70s by May. Our Summertime high is 90s...we don't get those triple-digit days and the dry heat is really nice so long as you stay hydrated. There are tons of events here during the Summer, it's packed with Festivals and Markets. If you'd like to learn more about Santa Fe, New Mexico and the surrounding areas, these sites are helpful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe,_New_Mexico
http://www.santafe.org/Visiting_Santa_Fe/

I'm a year-round New Mexico resident and would be more than happy to finally meet some of you! For a few long-time members, we've "known" each other for so long, it would be great to put a face to the name & get to know you better. I have diverse tastes and I bet we have more than Balenciaga bag-love in common!

Reactions: wisconsin
How about Restaurant Week in Santa Fe: March 6th thru 13th, 2011? It's a rare and wonderful opportunity to dine at top restaurants like Geronimo, The Compound and Coyote Cafe for only $40 per person, or any of the slightly less elite, but still delicious establishments for only $25. My husband and I had a great time at this event earlier this year and would love to have some meals with fellow Balenciaga collectors and fans. Here's a link about that:
http://santafe.newmexicorestaurantweek.com/

Ooooh ... would that be cool or what?!?! March 7th (my birthday), and then Santa Fe restaurant week?!?! ... YUMMMMIE (Sangria, Blue Corn tortillas, Sopapillas) .. I'm up for that!!! I had planned on taking some time off around that time anyhow, as I have to carry over a week 'cos it's been so busy at work.

I'm going to check into flights!

I might be able to make it too!
Provided I can convince myself that my family will not collapse in my absence.....!
I will certainly try, it sounds like an absolute blast! What a great idea, max !

^^^
It would be so great if you could come. I would love to meet you. I am positive that your family could survive a few days...even 2 days would work as it is such a short flight from Texas.
Like maybe March 6,7,8. I am going out of the Country on March 9 but am free up until that time. The time slot right now is 6-13. CJ may be here on the 7th.

Ooooh ... would that be cool or what?!?! March 7th (my birthday), and then Santa Fe restaurant week?!?! ... YUMMMMIE (Sangria, Blue Corn tortillas, Sopapillas) .. I'm up for that!!! I had planned on taking some time off around that time anyhow, as I have to carry over a week 'cos it's been so busy at work.

I'm going to check into flights!

Sounds really great CJ. We can celebrate your birthday in style.

This is so fun!!!

Can I come too? Though I need to look into flights and accomodations first, unless someone is willing to put me up at her place? I promise not to run off with your Bals. :lol:

Off to do some research...