Balenciaga repairs UK, please help

Jul 30, 2012
Can someone advise how you go about getting a Balenciaga bag repaired in the UK. I have a City that's out of warranty and the piping has become a bit scruffy. I would love to have it replaced, the rest of the bag is pristine. I am very picky about my bags.

They are insisting on a receipt, which I don't have and say it must be processed by the boutique where it was purchased.

I am really shocked by how difficult they are. Its really putting me off ever getting another Bal, however much I like them. I have 3 , two I purchased new and this one "pre- loved" I am so used to the easy, helpful after sales service Mulberry supply, which I have totally taken for granted. I am really shocked by Balenciaga's approach and have never come across it with any other brand I own :graucho:

All my Bals were bought new, mainly from mount street and Selfridges. I never had but excellent service from them. I had problems with a Velo last year, they took it in with no problems but of course they can see my purchase history. Staff in mount street has changed recently, but I find the SA's very friendly and helpful. I don't see how they would refuse a repair if you tell them you lost the receipt or something similar. Maybe because you are not in the balenciaga data base has something to do with it?
The only downside is repairs can take very long, at least a couple of months.

All my Bals were bought new, mainly from mount street and Selfridges. I never had but excellent service from them. I had problems with a Velo last year, they took it in with no problems but of course they can see my purchase history. Staff in mount street has changed recently, but I find the SA's very friendly and helpful. I don't see how they would refuse a repair if you tell them you lost the receipt or something similar. Maybe because you are not in the balenciaga data base has something to do with it?
The only downside is repairs can take very long, at least a couple of months.

Many thanks Loveheart, that's very helpful. I will give them a try. I have already said I don't have the receipt as it was a gift and have never had this problem with Chanel, Mulberry or LV but they are saying I have to have proof it's authentic and each shop will have it's own records and they will be able to track it.

I find it incredulous that they wouldn't know if the bag were genuine or not. I have already mentioned to them I have an account with Matches and have bought two new Balenciaga bags from there. They sent me a very snooty reply stating every designer label has different policies and this is there's. They were incredibly unhelpful and it was left they wouldn't repair unless I knew exactly which store it came from