Balenciaga Re-Sale Value: Best and Worst, eBay Demand

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've found that the bigger bags seem to be harder to sell, like the Work, Weekender and Couriers.

I was able to buy an 2004 Pewter weekender for $899...that's just insane! The bag was listed for about 3-4 weeks and the seller kept lowering the price. Had it been a City, it would have gone quicker and for more money. A couple months ago there was a 2005 silver City with a SB of $1500.

2. TOTALLY agree, I can't sell my courier to save my life. oh well.

3. hmmmmmmmmmm, this is a bit tricky, since you just never know, but...

best sellers = flat brass anything, pewter hardware bags, '04 & '05 bags in any style & color, and black cities

worst sellers = couriers, s/s '06 colors in any style, pony hair bags, and bags that are badly worn, damaged or have changed color

that's the best assessment i can give based on my experience :cutesy:

4. OH MY GOD ... where the h@ll was I???? I must have been on Pluto or Neptune missing that one ... oh man :crybaby: :cursing: :hysteric: !!!

5. :sad: sorry Miz CeeJay...I got it in June from LVLady99. She originally listed it at $1199 and no one made any offers. The baghunter even had it on her website talking about what a great deal it is!

6. I agree with you on that one aaallabama.

7. lol, ive been eyeing that rogue vif courier for some quite some time, if only my blue day bag would sell :yes:

i find all the rectangular shapes (first, city, work, weekender) have the best resale value, i even see some s/s 06 city's selling above retail (usually ink), while every other style takes weeks to get sold off, no matter the color/year :crybaby:

8. best for me would be 04-05 colors, like brand new condition bags
    worst would be beat up ones in any color.

9. :confused1: Mm... why is s/s 06 colors hard to sell? sorry i'm new to bbags...what colors were in s/s 06?

10. ^^ i took big losses on all of these :sad:

emerald
    rouille
    lilac
    origan
    cornflower

11. is lilac & ink both s/s 06 colors?

12. ^^ yep, but there's '04 lilac too :girlsigh:

13. that's a good question. aaallabama, why is that is it because of the leather differences?:confused1:

14. I purchased a black satin balenciaga evening bag for $850 or so a few years ago. I stupidly sold it on ebay. I relisted it 4 times and it eventually sold for less than $300.00. ugh. it still makes me sick to think about it. I should have just held on to it- it's the one bag i regret letting go. i plead insanity. errrrrrggghhh!

15. People are saying S/S 06 are bad but what about A/W 06? Whats the difference?