Balenciaga Re-Sale Value: Best and Worst, eBay Demand

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've sold some bags on ebay and some on Bonz- the one Balenciaga (1K+) I've sold was on Bonanza and was a terrific experience. I have less than 100 feedback on Ebay and less than 50 feedback on Bonanza- I think it's just a matter of having a listing with as much information as possible, volunteering to provide more pictures and info as necessary, and finding a buyer who REALLY wants your bag- and there is definitely one out there! Buyer protection is the one thing that Paypal/Ebay actual does well these days, so a lot of buyers are less shy of buying something expensive from a new seller. Actually, I recently bought a Balenciaga Flat Clutch from a very new seller and it turned out to be a great transaction.

2. So far, I really have a good turnover on both sites. Most of the bags I sold, I got my money back if not more & at the same time, got some reasonable deals. Knock on wood, I have not encountered any SCAM buyers, thank God.

I agree, as a seller myself, ebay or Bonz, it's a great advantage & more chance to sell your bag sooner & buyer confidence if you supply as many & clear pictures on all the angles of your bag for authentication & accurate visual of the quality. as much importance as prompt communication.

As a buyer, I really have the confidence buying from a knowlegeable seller, like the accurate color, not just say, red, blue, yellow, etc. As well as clear pictures on all the important areas, 100%+feedbacks & most of all the price.

3. Thanks feedbackq, chloe speaks, silverfern, AJ1025, and imlvholic! Seems like it's not as hard as I thought to sell on ebay, which is nice to know but probably bad for my wallet. I always tell myself that I can sell the bag later when I desperately want a bag but can't justify the purchase. But up until now I've only sold one bag (which is not Bal). It's so hard to let them go...

4. I agree - Pictures are most important. Imo, I've gotten bags for my S.O. on both Ebay (Managed to get a Giant Day Galet this week and its on its way!) and Bonanza and for me, the quality of the pictures gave me an 'insight' to the sort of person I was buying from. To me, the more pictures and better quality ones (usually taken with good lighting and a good camera) helps give me a good feeling about the person I'm buying from.