Balenciaga Re-Sale Value: Best and Worst, eBay Demand

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!

1. So do you guys think it's best to try & sell a never used Holy Grail bag now in the summer while sales are low or wait until the fall to try & sell the bag?

2. I think it may be best to try to buy a HG in the summer, and save what you want to sell for the Fall. This might wreak havoc with cc debt, however! :Push:

3. Yeah, August is usually a really weak time on evilbay.

4. It all depends on what is out there! If you have a really in demand bag then you probably won't have a hard tme selling, no matter what time of year it is!

5. I just bought a city on ebay and had a very good experience. I did get it below retail though.

6. I am looking to buy a black Bal City classic and doing some research. If I can buy a new truly AUTHENTIC Bal City from the Balenciaga site for $1,395 with free ground shipping, why do people pay so much for a used bag on Ebay? Sometimes the Ebay price is MORE than the $1,395 purchase price direct from B. Is it because the quality of the leather differs from year to year?

7. Well imo, I would buy an older black one off of eBay, just because of the year. It's all about collecting to a lot of people. Another thins is that in others opinions, the quality/feel of the leather might feel different than another years black.

8. so what is considered the best year for the City? 2005?

9. I love the Z-tags. Or older.
    Hugs FX:heart::heart::heart:

10. To provide a simple answer: yes, it varies from year to year. It can vary a lot from year to year, some years are more preferred (as proven in ebay pricing) over than others.

11. It depends on what you like, and what you're willing to spend.

12. because some of the bags on bay are authentic and brand new sold by reputable seller with cheaper price... which we can save couple hundred dollars

Some people prefer certain color from certain year... which we cannot find at stores...

13. Does 2009 has a good resale or not so good? What is "supposed to be the best leather year resale?

14. ^^ We don't know yet, since 2009 is still in full force.

As for the best leather year resale, generally anything older. Especially 03, 04 and 05. 2007 too.

Again, it really just depends on the color, leather of THAT specific bag, and hardware too.