Balenciaga Re-Sale Value: Best and Worst, eBay Demand

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #331 Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
    merged with existing topic ;)

PS i think part of the current slump is the new colors that were just released

2. Thanks PP.....I may just have to hang onto the bag for awhile to get some money out of it.......I mean the lowball offers I have had were below insanity......think $750 for a mint HG bag.....I mean :rolleyes:

Patience bears a heavy load right??

3. I sold a beautiful bag a few months ago and I was shocked at all the low offers I got (I had a buy it now but not make an offer and they still did). Luckily someone bought it now for the price I wanted. I guess you just have to have the right person at the right time. Good luck!

4. Selling on ebay seemed horrible recently...many bags I was looking at were listed...and I'm getting ridiculous offer for a new bag..can you belive someone offer me $700 on a brand new Giant Part Time?!

5. ^^^ lol! i once got an offer of $30 for my as good as new Jaune Day.

$30!!!! :censor:

6. #336 Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
    many thanks to everyone who is contributing to this topic! i've been wondering about the retail value of bags in relation to evilbay.xxxx

7. It's all timing. If you're patient and you see some trends, when your HG comes along you'll know when to pass and when to carpe diem. Did I use that term correctly? You also need to set some boundaries for yourself. If you're gonna set yourself up for remorse, then don't go for it. There's a huge circle of love for Bals, everyone's turn comes along sooner or later. . . and sooner or later -- again.

8. Any thoughts on the value of an 06 Grenat Work?!

9. ^^Everything depends on condition to me. It doesn't matter how "old" the bag is - if it's not in excellent condition - it's not worth it.

p.s. There is no "set" amount for older bags. The simple answer is it's worth what it's worth TO YOU (both as a buyer and seller)

10. Hi bellabaiey!

There's not a determined value...it also depends on the condition of the bag: if it's mint the value can be high. But if there are some usage signs, then it could also be a deal.:shrugs:

^ As also beaux said!

11. ^^That's the funniest (and sickest) thing I've heard in a looong time! Thirty dollars!?!?! LOL :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

12. Just some information. Some brand new grenat works (and some other 2006 bags) have been surfacing from the storerooms of department stores lately. I think the fall '06 bags suffered from the bad leather expectation of spring, they didn't sell initially, and got lost in the shuffle of inventory. I got one, BNWT, but at current Work prices, plus tax. It was sort of a fluke, true, but I think an unused or pristine bag could easily go for that price. Retail in 2006 was ? $1385?? There is also a plus factor of it being a chevre bag, and a good color, though not a 2005 turquoise or magenta, etc. In all fairness, some grenats had color/dye/fading issues. Amount of use/condition would be important if the bag is used. Then it just depends on whether it's your (or someone else's) most desired bag.

13. I have found it really depends on the color and season. Of course condition comes into play but people seem to be more likely to overlook small flaws on a bag they really want. I have a stack of Bals that need new homes but w/ all the drama that seems to come w/ ebay now frankly I would rather hold onto them then risk losing them to a scammer. The prices have seemed to be on the decline lately. Maybe because it is summer and the economy is not doing so well they are just not moving at high (or normal) prices.

14. i, for one, am eyeing this luscious grape city, but alas, the seller doesn't ship overseas. sigh. :sad:

15. Are there really that much drama and scam on evilbay?

Kat:heart: