Balenciaga "Rasta" bag?

Feb 20, 2012
While purging my hoard of old magazines, I came across this pic from the May 2005 issue of Lucky:
upload_2019-9-5_23-57-51.png
I've never seen or heard of this pattern before; has anyone else? Is the material fabric, maybe? (And yes, obviously it's a Work and not an "Office" style. And it's only $995...*sigh*)

Yes, "Rasta" was during the Fall/Winter 2005 collection and is fabric with golden studs, really nice bags, but not enough were ordered for stores so they are pretty rare. In the 13 years RDC has been selling Balenciaga, we've had 1 of them!
Hey @RealDealCollection .. how are you?!!

Yes, I remember seeing very few of them (especially also because I lived in Boston at the time); it was actually at a small boutique in Wellesley versus Barneys. I remember thinking that it was kinda cute .. but, in the Boston weather, it would NOT have worn well!

I'm alright. I hope you are doing well. The fabric bags were always less popular, but a Rasta Day bag would be fire!
It's now on my list of bags to find...:search:. Here's the pic I found...not quite a Day, wrong handle, but I wouldn't kick it out of the closet...wonder if there's a leather patch and zip pocket on the other side?
Authentic-Balenciaga-Multicolor-Rasta-Hobo-Bag.jpg

Reactions: Vidalita
Apparently they also came as pants, for that 'I matched my bag to my trousers' look!
BAL62759_1_enlarged.jpg