Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2017 Bags

MonsieurMode

Apr 27, 2016
The lookbook for Balenciaga Pre-Fall was released today. It's available to view HERE on Vogue.

Here is some information on the inspiration for the new bags:

"What comes more to the fore here is Gvasalia’s knack for applying social observation and the inspiration of ordinary everyday objects to his design... Thus, there’s a new square striped bag in the shape of a padded café cushion, while the triangular one started life as a ski-shoe carrier. Both those are bound to be picked up by avant-garde trophy hunters..."​

Ice Skating Bag (name TBD... and I think Vogue meant to say ice skates and not ski-shoes because I googled pictures of ice skate carriers and they're triangle)
03-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 21-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 05-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 04-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 08-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 23-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg 18-balenciaga-pre-fall-17.jpg
Here are some examples of an ice skate carrier:
white-ice-skate-bag.jpg
BORSA SAGOMATA 2011.jpg

I love all of it. Hah! I'm 1000% sold on Demna. He's doing top-notch work.

I kind of agree. I think for ex the coats in beige and in green are lovely and look very well tailored. But some of the bags have sort of left avantgarde territory and have headed straight over the border to ridicule and ridiculousness. Irony is entertaining and PR gold evidently, but it usually doesn't make people feel fabulous and good about themselves? Like a City :love: :smile: