Balenciaga Padlock or Fendi Peekaboo?

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
Up until now, I've worked from home this last year so my unstructured Bals were perfect for me.
Well now, it looks like I need to go back to the office at least part time. While I still love my Bals, I think it's also time I got a big girl bag (meaning structured and professional looking).

I've always loved the Fendi Peekaboo. But at that price point, wasn't willing to get it since I didn't need it. It's also the only structured bag I actually liked.

Now Bal came out with this and I'm torn.
Love the size, more than the small or medium peekaboo. Also love the strap length and price point. According to NM's site, it weighs about 2 lbs. where as the Fendi weighs 4 lbs. Big difference.
What I don't love is it doesn't look like you can zip it up. I guess it's not a biggie as I'll be driving in, but it's a mental leap for me to get a bag that doesn't close.

Looks wise, I go back and forth. Can't decide which I like more.

What do you guys think? Which do you prefer?

Attachments

• bal padlock.jpg
    bal padlock.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Fendi peekaboo snakesin.jpg
    Fendi peekaboo snakesin.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I prefer the Bal too. I much prefer the straps/handles on the Bal. Same as you, the size of the Bal is much better for me too.

For me, the Bal has a lot more pros:

1. Size
2. Price point
3. Handles/straps
4. Weight

The Bal's only con is it can't be zipped. I also prefer bags that can be zipped in general (same as you, though I travel by car or cab, I still prefer bags with zippers just because) - but I think that can be overcome. ;)

P.S. Plus I like the way the Bal looks more. :biggrin:

I love both these bags too. Came really close to getting a Peekaboo but am trying to stick firm to my policy of not getting a bag that weighs over 2.5 lbs.

I do believe you can zip up the Padlock, but it might be a hassle having to connect the zipper ends (like a jacket). Try and play with one in person before purchasing.

Padlock.jpeg

Ooh nice! If it can be zipped, then that gets rid of the only con for the Bal. Though I do agree it could get tricky with that kind of zipper.

I love both these bags too. Came really close to getting a Peekaboo but am trying to stick firm to my policy of not getting a bag that weighs over 2.5 lbs.

I do believe you can zip up the Padlock, but it might be a hassle having to connect the zipper ends (like a jacket). Try and play with one in person before purchasing.

Padlock.jpeg

I am new to Balenciaga.. and having no experience with Fendi only ready to wear and men's shoes, etc. I vote for the Balenciaga.. It is so classy, chic and professional looking.. The Peekaboo as the name suggests, is still structured and the likes, but it might not really suit the corporate world..

Looking at the Balenciaga, I think I would want to get one for my mother for her birthday (she is more of a Chanel, LV, Hermes, Givenchy, Celine person) and she didnt really like the classic BBags..

Is the handles python or water snake?? If it is then she would love it!! I am sure of it!!

Good luck and finally my vote is BALENCIAGA!!

Thanks everyone. Looks like it's the Bal.

L.Vuitton.Freak - The handles are Elaphe (rat snake). So no, not water or python.