Balenciaga or dare I say.. Chanel?

As much as I'd love to vote for Balenciaga, as others already mentioned, you can always go for the CGH City later. But Chanel WILL increase their prices soon or later so I too vote for Chanel.

I went through a similar dilemma. I decided to go for Chanel mainly because I think that variation within a handbag collection is good. Aside from that, the price increases play a huge part..if you can afford to get it now, you might as well if it's a bag that you've always wanted and still want to get sometime in the future. I actually recently decided to let go of my Chanel because I think my personality fits more in the style of Balenciaga, but at least I gave it a try and have no regrets. HTH with your decision OP! ;)

I have both Bal and Chanel, but since I am not wild about GCH I would definitely say get a Jumbo before the price increase....and I have heard that the new Jumbos will be double Flaps, which means less room inside.
BUT it would be a harder decision for me if you were considering RH or GH.
Also it is true what CJ said, Chanel bags (esp the classics) hold their value, BBags less so.