Balenciaga no tax

aloha rag is a store that is located in hawaii. They have nothing to do with saks. If you don't live in hawaii and order from them then there is no tax. You can only order from them through faxing i think? I have not bought from them but that is what i gathered from the posts here.

So if I'm a tourist do I have to pay tax when I buy bags from the US?

Tourists aren't tax-exempt. It's not so much where you're from as it is where you're buying the bag. That is, assuming you're in the US. If you're buying overseas, you'll probably have to pay customs.

Tourists aren't tax-exempt. It's not so much where you're from as it is where you're buying the bag. That is, assuming you're in the US. If you're buying overseas, you'll probably have to pay customs.

Thanks Jira....I know i would have to pay customs tax when I return home but can i claim the state tax i pay when I buy things from the US. Like in Europe tourists can claim back the VAT. Also in Canada, tourist can claim back the taxes that they paid for when they leave Canada.

Thanks Jira....I know i would have to pay customs tax when I return home but can i claim the state tax i pay when I buy things from the US. Like in Europe tourists can claim back the VAT. Also in Canada, tourist can claim back the taxes that they paid for when they leave Canada.

Hmm... I'm not sure about the claim, but I'm think the US sales tax you pay here stays.

Ok, if you order directly from Bal.com, then there's sales tax charged ONLY for NY, NJ, CA and NV.

If you buy from certain stores in TX and Louisanna, AND if you are a tourist, then you can claim your tax refund at the airport when you leave. However, you need to check with each order if they are participating in the tax refund program.

If you buy from Saks, and have them shipped to another state, there's no sales tax even if your state has Saks stores, but you have to pay shipping. You can return the bag to a local Saks store, even they dont' carry Bal bags, but the shipping will be non-refundable.

I have emailed Barneys.com and their online customer service is the WORST I deal with so far. I asked "I wonder if I purchase through Barneys.com, how will sales tax be applied to my order?" The first email response was "I don't know what does your question mean".....Oh......Okay....geez..maybe I shouldn't use passive voice...After I re-phrase my question, "I ask if I need to pay sales tax.", they said the order need to be taxed depending on which state the order is shipped to. And then I further asked them to clarify - does that mean it will be charged only for state which has Barney's store of if that means "depending on the tax rate of any state", and THEY IGNORED MY EMAIL FOREVER. :cursing:

I would never order from Barneys.com; especially when I can order from Bal.com and Aloha Rag with tax + shipping free.

In US, TX and Louisanna are the only states they grant tax-refunds to tourists. However, there are a very limited number of stores participating in the program, you have to check with them.