Balenciaga newbie...wanted to say HI!

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
Hi guys, I hope this is okay to post...I'd normally do a search, but as we all know, the search function is down! Anywho, I had some questions since I was thinking about possibly getting my first Balenciaga...:shame:. I was wondering if they could be used everyday, and are they durable? Are they soft? (I've never seen one IRL, and some of them seem 'shiny' in pics, so I wasn't sure...) Also, I think I like the City (I hope that's right!) - would you recommend that one as a good first? Thanks guys, I really appreciate any help you could give me!:flowers:

Hi kimalee!

Welcome to the Balenciaga madness.
It is a madness, because Balenciaga bags are totally addicting and generally you want more than one, after you've tried them.
Yes, they are durable.. They also mantain their value more than other bags, so if you change your mind after a while (for example because you want a bigger bag), you can resell the bag easily.
And yes, a city is the perfect first bag, which can be used every day.
I have to avoid my B.bags only when I go to formal occasions, important meetings. Otherwise they are always with me:heart:

What about the color?
A black city is the perfect all year round bag... but you may also like a neutral (like sandstone or caramel) or a pop of color.
Take a look to the reference library to see all the colors of the latest collections and have fun while looking for your first B.bag!

hey kimalee! recognise ur pictures of blue jean and vert anis from the H forum =)

invest in a bal as an everyday bag for sure! there are many diff 'kinds' of leather to choose from for each colour of Bbag. and the leather gets softer the more u use it! i personally like the Part Time size which is more elongated than the City. but am currently obsessed with my Work size which holds enough for my uni stuff and a jumper for the winter weather we're having here. it's durable and the more worn in it is, the more u'll fall in love with it.

do tell us when u do get one that u absolutely fall in love with =)

What about the color?
A black city is the perfect all year round bag... but you may also like a neutral (like sandstone or caramel) or a pop of color.
Take a look to the reference library to see all the colors of the latest collections and have fun while looking for your first B.bag!

Yea, I've been practically living in the reference library for the past 24 hours, lol! Anyway, I'm actually really loving the RED! I don't have any red bags, either....I also think the turquoise is stunning! Are certain colors harder to find than others?

Hi Kimalee, and Welcome!

As Babi mentioned- you are definately going to LOVE Bbags after your first one! Yeck, I did!!!

IMO, Bbags can be dressed up or down. For example, I'll wear mine with jeans & a tee like to go to the movies, as well as with a cute dress or pants to go out to dinner. I would never wear it though to like a cocktail party or something like that! So, they are very wearable.

The City is one of my favorite styles, as well as the Twiggy. It really depends where you like to carry your bag. For example, I like holding mine in my hand or on my arm. I don't like carrying them on my shoulder (Day, Hobo, Courier). Go to the Reference Library, there are a bunch of pics, and they are categorized by style and color!!!

And lastly, Black is such a classic, and you definately cannot go wrong with this color!!!

Good Luck! Once you purchase, post pics...we love pics here!!! :yes:

hey kimalee! recognise ur pictures of blue jean and vert anis from the H forum =)

invest in a bal as an everyday bag for sure! there are many diff 'kinds' of leather to choose from for each colour of Bbag. and the leather gets softer the more u use it! i personally like the Part Time size which is more elongated than the City. but am currently obsessed with my Work size which holds enough for my uni stuff and a jumper for the winter weather we're having here. it's durable and the more worn in it is, the more u'll fall in love with it.

do tell us when u do get one that u absolutely fall in love with =)

Hey, I love the Work as well! I just love the more squarish look of it, kwim? But I'm afraid it might be too big on me - I'm only 5'2"....

Hi Kimalee, good to see you here from Chanel. I love my bbags. I bought my first 2 Bbags before I got crazy over Chanel and now I'm back to Balenciaga. I love the colours and the variety and the leather......Balenciaga is definitely durable. I'm not so keen on the city but love the brief - go and try some different styles on. I'm sure you'll find one you love!!!

Hi Kimalee~!... it's nice to see you in the Bal forum!! (Waves Hi~!)

Just warning yah... bBags are highly addictive.. even more so than Chanels!!.. you're going to want every color of the rainbow after 1~! I would definently recommend the city as a 1st.. but even more so.. if you're in driving distance to any stores.. try them all out! They're a go-to every day bag.. and the leather gets better with use.

Welcome to the world of bBags..~!;)

Welcome to the bal addicts;) Yes, they are durable, and the city would be a great first bag to buy IMO! The leather vaires from season to season and even from bag to bag so the best thing would be to go to a balenciaga store and check them out IRL! Good luck, and post pictures when you have bought it!

Kat

Welcome Kimalee! The City is a great first bag. I love red too!! Here's a couple of pictures to intice you! :graucho:

this is the -08 Vermillion WORK with GSH (Giant Silver Hardware) This color is still available in stores.
8754.JPG

This is a Vermillion City on the left and a Tomato City on the right, both from '07 (may still have one in stores, but most likely sold out- may have to look for them on *bay or at a consignment store) The smaller bag is a Vermillion/Coral First '08 and still available in stores. Hope that helps!

trio3reds.jpg

the city is definitely the perfect size Bbag!! as you can see in my siggy, i have several city Bbags since i can't seem to get enough of them!! my first Bbag was a first, and it's perfect for my own everyday items (wallet, mobile phone, sunglasses, gum, keys), but if i wanted to tuck a scarf/light sweater/extra diapers for my baby in my first, i wouldn't be able to! but i can do all that with a city. i'm 5'5" and find the city to be the best size.

as far as color, balenciaga reds are sooo gorgeous!! and adds a nice pop of color to your wardrobe.

good luck deciding - let us know what you end up with.

Hi Kimalee~!... it's nice to see you in the Bal forum!! (Waves Hi~!)

Just warning yah... bBags are highly addictive.. even more so than Chanels!!.. you're going to want every color of the rainbow after 1~! I would definently recommend the city as a 1st.. but even more so.. if you're in driving distance to any stores.. try them all out! They're a go-to every day bag.. and the leather gets better with use.

Welcome to the world of bBags..~!;)

Welcome Kimalee:welcome: I agree with oogiewoogie bbags are super addicting you seriously will get one in every color. I agree I would recommend the city as a 1st bbag it was for me too! Its a medium size but for me I consider it a small bag plus I'm much taller than you are so it might be the perfect fit for you. I would def. go check them out irl thats the best way to pick out the best bbag since all the leathers and even colors vary. I love them they give a nice 'pop' to your outfits and are so lightweight and versaitle and perfect for everyday bags you will love them. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide on.

^thanks bumblebees!

I've also fallen in love with the Step - I like how it's more square than rectangular, kwim? anyway, is it a permanent style? or are some styles seasonal? thanks guys, I really appreciate it!!!