Balenciaga Newbie needing help!!

twiggy is cute too~
i have one twiggy and one city. the twiggy is defintely more practical. it's easier to find stuffs in my twiggy bag. and the front and bag zip compartment is huge.

loving my twiggy.
i think my next style would be a part-time. but i think part-time looks real hot with giant hardware.

Is there a big difference in size between the part-time and the city? I like the longer handles on the part-time but worry that it's too big. I am 5'10" and a size 10. Would the part-time swamp me? Thanks.

If you like black / dark colours...Go for a Steel / Plomb Work or a new Pine Work. I love Pine. It's still a dark colour, with a pop of green when needed...

hi! that you in your avatar? pretty lass! :biggrin:

it's really down to your personal preference how big or small that's more You, so i seldom want to participate in such 'polls'. but i do understand it can be daunting task deciding on the colour and style as your first bbag. why do you say you're not sure about the black city? is it the fading issue? as for size, besides the City, there's the Twiggy and Part-Time that can hold as much, plus or minus a little. i'm one cm taller than you are, and i own a Work, which is even bigger than the City. i have both the City and the Work, and both serve different purposes for me in some way. but maybe for you, i can't say the same?

i always suggest people make use of the reference library and clubhouse threads to help in the elimination/selection process. afterall, it's You who's going to folk out quite a sum of money for it, better get the bag that'll serve You faithfully ;)

KDC: Pine sounds hot!

glossie: Awwwh shucks thanks :shame: I wasn't sure about the black city because it seems really common, and I guess I could always get a black in something else (i.e. Chanel), but...the black fades!?!? :wtf: I've seen a few ladies here with absolutely gorgeous work bbags, so I'm very tempted...although what is the difference between a city and a giant city:confused1:

hi again! the difference is in the hardware. they recently introduced giant hardware to some styles (you'd have to check the reference library for history; i didn't make a point to remember such details). a City is one with regular brass hardware. a Giant City's one with either silver giant hardware or gold giant hardware. i've read that the giant's handle drop is slightly longer than the regular. i think i've also read of slight difference in leather for each style.

yes, do spend some time reading up. you'd uncover loads of comments worth noting. unless you really don't see the need to... maybe the case when "ignorance is bliss" :lol: i may adopt this stance when i have usd1,000 to throw away :P

on the issue of "common" - nothing new. blacks will always be classic, or should i say, common? won't you say the black chanel caviar flap is also common, or rather, it's a classic? ;)

Alas! True words of wisdom :yes:

Hmmm...don't think I'm in the position yet (to throw away $1KUSD), actually come to think of it, don't think I'll be in that position anytime soon either:P

Late night readings here I come...:choochoo: