Balenciaga New York...question please and replaced handles

yikes all this handle business is a little scary... i hope this isn't too off topic but could somebody show me what darkened handles look like ??

I only have one bal bag and it's a juane work, thus must be carried by the handles and it's a light colour :/ now I'm afraid my handles will darken !!

See this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...before-and-after-comments-only-144260-56.html Post # 836. The first two photos show what darkened handles look like.

Wow, I didn't know the they could replace handles. I have a dilemma, my black 07 city handles is already starting to whiten (if that makes sense) the black leather is starting to come off. Does anyone else have this dilemma? When I first got my city I used protectant for the handles only.

I have no luck with bags lately. My Vintage Ligne black Chanel tote turned out to be defective. Then my 06 Camel city turned out to be defective as well. Brought it into Kim at BalNY for repairs. I really have NO luck. I hope they can fix it. The tabs that hold on the shoulder straps were coming apart on both sides and I've never used the bag.

I have no luck with bags lately. My Vintage Ligne black Chanel tote turned out to be defective. Then my 06 Camel city turned out to be defective as well. Brought it into Kim at BalNY for repairs. I really have NO luck. I hope they can fix it. The tabs that hold on the shoulder straps were coming apart on both sides and I've never used the bag.

OMG I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. The sholder straps holder coming apart is one of my worst fears :tdown: but I am positive that they can fix it.

bal should be able to fix the bag. i took mine in and they fixed it. i suspected they fixed it at some local shoe/leather repair store. not sure where. i got mine back within 2 weeks. i think i paid like 25 or 50 bucks. (the tube inside the handle broke)

oh...don't be sad...things happened....
same nightmare happened to my CL shoes...still getting over it.

I heard that they do replace the handles too... however... i just wonder that do they replace the 04 Khaki City one? Is it too old to be replaced?... (they said the Balenciaga headquarter might not have that in stocks anymore) :cry:

My Rouge Vif City is currently getting its handles replaced at BalNY and I have been emailing back and forth with them a lot of times so it's def happening! :yes: You need to have bought your bag there for them to be replaced there though :smile:

^^ Really? When did you send her in?

I think she said that up until recently, they've been replacing handles at BalNY if you bought it there, but now they will no longer be doing that. At all. No matter where you bought it.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny this.

^^ Really? When did you send her in?

I think she said that up until recently, they've been replacing handles at BalNY if you bought it there, but now they will no longer be doing that. At all. No matter where you bought it.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny this.

Hi Rere, I sent mine on August 4th. Back then I just sent an inquiry to the BalNY email address and the repair department responded. HTH :heart:

I just recently heard that they are definitely NOT going to be replacing the handles anymore. It was too difficult to match up the dyes from previous years/seasons and I guess they thought it was not a profitable enough service to provide.