balenciaga mini, fashion fad or classic?

alessia70

O.G.
Dec 27, 2007
Hi all,

I'm obsessed with the mini city, but i dont want to buy something that's just a fad (i regret my LV murakami bags ...).

Would you say the mini city is here to stay??

Thanks for your input!!

:smile:

I'll start by saying that I don't believe the mini is a classic. That doesn't mean it still couldn't keep being popular and will stay around for a while ... in my honest opinion though, I think all of the mini bags are a trend.

Hmm I don't think mini bags are a fad but micro mini bags (fendi i'm looking at you) which can't even fit a phone/wallet are a huge fad.

I personally have the mini city and love it to bits. I can fit LOADS in it - phone, wallet, small bottle of water, makeup~ it's so cute and functional!!!

Don't think it's a classic, don't think it's a fad either. It's just a really awesome bag!

Hi all,

I'm obsessed with the mini city, but i dont want to buy something that's just a fad (i regret my LV murakami bags ...).

Thanks for your input!!

Yeah I'm personally not too crazy about them. You're better off buying a regular sized City.

P.S - I think LV Murakami bags are still relevant...They're special edition bags so the re-sale value is higher than a regular monogram bag.

Hi all,

Thanks for your input!!

If you have any concerns about longevity go for the regular City, or buy a mini on the secondary market so that if/when it does start to look dated (I don't think it will happen for a little bit, but I do think it will happen), you won't regret paying full retail for it. They pop up on eBay and other resale sites pretty often, sometimes at amazing prices.

Yes mini bags are a fad. But I don't think once they're out I'll stop wearing them if they go with my style. I actually like the idea of seasonal/fad bags as they kind of represent an era, and in some weird way show a part of history.

I really love the mini city, I wouldn't consider it a fad bag sometimes you just want something smaller to just put like your cards, phone, and planner in. It appeals to me because it's a small size and NOT a WOC style.

Thanks for all your input! I think i agree its sort of a fad, but i couldnt resist!
It's a nice small purse without making me look matronly (the chanel mini flap makes me look older than i am... lol). I'm petite (5'1") and this purse doesnt look that mini on my frame. I absolutely love it! my ipad mini fits in it! and my large wallet and sunnies! :tup:

Lxe5fKs.jpg

HyePwES.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input! I think i agree its sort of a fad, but i couldnt resist!
It's a nice small purse without making me look matronly (the chanel mini flap makes me look older than i am... lol). I'm petite (5'1") and this purse doesnt look that mini on my frame. I absolutely love it! my ipad mini fits in it! and my large wallet and sunnies! :tup:

Lxe5fKs.jpg

HyePwES.jpg

Congrats enjoyyyyy!! [emoji4]