Balenciaga Milan, so upset!!!

snoesje

Sep 16, 2007

More then two months ago I brought my 2007 brown City bag (regular hardware) to the Balenciaga store in Milan to have it restored. It needed to be “freshed up” and the edges needed to be sealed with te special colour/paint Balenciaga uses to “close” the edges. They told me that it would be send to Paris and gave a copy of the paper with the reference and the works that would have been done (ravvivamento del colore + fare tutti i bordi”) So after more then two months they finally called and told me that the bag had returned an that I could pass to get it. So I went to the store, happy to get my beloved Bbag back. I gave them the copy of the paper, paid 63 Euros and went home, not having any idea that something was wrong. At home I controlled the bag and couldn’t believe my eyes! The edges, if the were coloured, were done really, really bad and the edges on the handles had not been done at all. I was really upset and disappointed, but mostly I was annoyed about myself, because I didn’t control the bag in the store. But could I expect anything like that? I was convinced that I had left my Bbag in the hands of professionals, so I felt no need for suspicion…But I was wrong.
The next they I returned to the store and told them that the bag was restored really badly and that I doubted that it had been sent to Paris at all. I expected understanding ‘cause it was really inadequate and faulty. But no way. In their eyes the bag was done well. I showed them the handles and as they didn’t know what to say anymore and they slowly admitted that I was right they called the store manager. Again I explained the problem, told her that this was not the result I expected and I agreed with them as she could easily see from the papers. But there were no more papers for prove! They had disappeared! They didn’t want to get them, obviously, ‘cause they exactly knew they were wrong! So the store manager insisted that the treatment of the handles was not included, the bag was ok and so on. Outrageous! After a long discussion she convinced herself and said that the bag would be sent to France again for a second ( in my opinion first!) restore. No excuses… And that’s what makes me upset. I didn’t here a single apology. Just arrogant comments… Now I have to wait another 4 months (that’s what they told me) for my bag. Never, never again!

omg i am so sorry for what happened to you ...and again in milan:cursing::mad: they have been another time rude ad idiots! i really hope balenciaga will restore your bag soon this time :pout:and they should do it very quick...i think the store manager in milan should be fired:tdown::banned:

Oh dear, this is getting ridiculous. Bal Milan needs to get their act together! I'm so sorry this has happened to you, Snoesje. They should be embarrased and very apologetic!
I hope you get your bag back soon.

Incredible ... they (Bal-Milan) are repeat offenders in so many ways! Just for future reference though, I ALWAYS insist on a copy of any documents written up about repairs/faults, etc. (especially with jewelry), so that I have it just in case I need it.

So sorry that you had to go through that; it is beyond frustrating ... and worse, is the staff's ignorance and behavior! A BIG thumbs down :tdown: to them!

Customer service in all the Italian main cities is quite poor in general. I think they get so many tourist that they do not really care, they will sell anyway. I remember it being a crazy when I went and the stores being fulled with tourist. They are not too polite in my opinion. I should add that was when I was Prada and Gucci crazy.

omg....again.....from bal milan!!!!!!!!!!
how could they being so unprofessional! in every aspect! their CS, their lack of knowledge, their lies!!! they will not admit their fault and just think that WE do not understand BALENCIAGA!
i really hope that you can get the restored bag back that worth your $$!

btw, they always tell you the LONGEST time frame for their procedureSSS to make you hesitate about your decision!

Last edited:
Bal Paris did the same to me. It took 3 months to have the bag with me again and only half of the work was done. I didn't send it again. IMO Bal customer service ill-treat the customer and a lot of times is fraudulent: lately problems I read about Bahrain, Milan and France could be considered scam.

Customer service in all the Italian main cities is quite poor in general. I think they get so many tourist that they do not really care, they will sell anyway. I remember it being a crazy when I went and the stores being fulled with tourist. They are not too polite in my opinion. I should add that was when I was Prada and Gucci crazy.

I totally agree with you! even I have never went to any designer boutiques in Milan. I believe SA in those high end boutiques always think this way, and they dont like people to return / repair, if you purchase a bag, those people will have a better attitude!

I understand what you feel now.. but anyway,, it has been returned finally and hopefully you can get your bag very soon.

It is very sad when you spend the kind of money we do on these bags and this is the CS you get! I am sorry for your experience and the time you have had to endure without your beloved Bal. I hope they can get it straightened out for you in a cordial manner!

Bal Paris did the same to me. It took 3 months to have the bag with me again and only half of the work was done. I didn't send it again. IMO Bal customer service ill-treat the customer and a lot of times is fraudulent: lately problems I read about Bahrain, Milan and France could be considered scam.

I agree with you, Lasmico. In America, we have a "Lemon Law" regarding automobiles. If you buy a brand new car, and it consistently has problems, you can file a claim under the "Lemon Law" acts. There should be a "Lemon Law" act with regard to some of the Balenciaga stores pushing shoddy merchandise upon their customers, their repair work which is at times non-existent, and the employees should be trained in how to treat their valuable customers.

When I go to Milan, (and I don't know when I am going), I will go to the Balenicaga store, and take up their time, and not buy a thing!!!!

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

This is so shocking and appalling to read.
To think this is a BAL Milan store not just a re-distributor etc.
I really can't stand bad customer service and this borders on trickery and dishonesty!