Balenciaga Men's Fall 2017 - "Shopping Bag" Bag

MonsieurMode

Apr 27, 2016
Recently debuted at the Men's Fall/Winter 2017 show in Paris this week was Demna's next meditation on the tote bag.... inspired by none other than a Balenciaga store shopper.
The bag comes in 2 sizes: A North/South and a Large, East/West version. Models were carrying it in their hands and on their shoulders.
BB2.png BB1.png
Despite the size of each bag, they don't look like they would comfortably carry many everyday items due to the bag's width, which looks to be about 3-4 inches on the bottom. The top straps, while leather, do look thin. I don't know how much weight these could handle.
It's also notable to point out that CHANEL designed the same sort of bag in the Maison's Spring 2009 RTW Collection where a leather tote was designed to mimic the shopping bags that are exclusively given out to clients at 31 Rue Cambon.
Chanel䪚ྶ퍏縍詛㸨롎꘳閁渱.jpg
CB.png
chanel-leather-shopping-bag-2.jpg
Thoughts on Demna's newest bag for Balenciaga?

Last edited:
Recently debuted at the Men's Fall/Winter 2017 show in Paris this week was Demna's next meditation on the tote bag.... inspired by none other than a Balenciaga store shopper.
The bag comes in 2 sizes: A North/South and a Large, East/West version. Models were carrying it in their hands and on their shoulders.
View attachment 3581560 View attachment 3581561
Despite the size of each bag, they don't look like they would comfortably carry many everyday items due to the bag's width, which looks to be about 3-4 inches on the bottom. The top straps, while leather, do look thin. I don't know how much weight these could handle.
It's also notable to point out that CHANEL designed the same sort of bag in the Maison's Spring 2009 RTW Collection where a leather tote was designed to mimic the shopping bags that are exclusively given out to clients at 31 Rue Cambon.
View attachment 3581562
View attachment 3581564
View attachment 3581563
Thoughts on Demna's newest bag for Balenciaga?
Not impressed...:tdown:

They actually don't look that bad, but I find them completely unoriginal and done...
And I really don't like the revival of brand names in clothes and accessories, even if they disguise as tongue-in-the-check ironic (and so done) commentary.