Balenciaga is NOT able to shorten strap

Mar 16, 2006
Sorry girls but balenciaga just called and they do not offer to shorten the strap on the town so please do not call them about it! Sorry for the misinformation. They told me to let you girls know. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Does that mean that they're just doing it for you?

I think any experienced cobbler/leather repair shop can do it. I think I'm going to have my Velo strap shortened by my cobbler down the street...

RERE, let me know how that goes. I am all about the town, but the length of the strap is too long for my 5'0 frame. I'm a bit nervous to get the strap shortened by a cobbler though. At least with the boutique, if they ruined the bag, they can replace it.

Does that mean that they're just doing it for you?

I think any experienced cobbler/leather repair shop can do it. I think I'm going to have my Velo strap shortened by my cobbler down the street...

Last edited:
RERE, let me know how that goes. I am all about the town, but the length of the strap is too long for my 5'0 frame. I'm a bit nervous to get the strap shortened by a cobbler though. At least with the boutique, if they ruined the bag, the could replace it.

i think that's why they are making it known that they do not shorten it at the boutique. too much liability and i can understand why

sweetsparkle - I can see why too. And I would be seriously surprised if they offer to do this since they don't even offer to fix any damaged bbags.

Thanks for the clarification!

I wish they'll just sell straps in different lengths on all the colors. That way, everybody's happy.:biggrin:

Or.... Maybe make the strap ajustable. I am so wanting to shorten the strap for my pom.

Seriously right? I would pay! I would totally pay for different strap lengths!

I absolutely agree! The straps on Bal bags are all the wrong length on me - would love to be able to adjust the straps so I can wear bags crossbody or regular.