Balenciaga, I am trying to figure you out

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'm not surprised by Vlad's post since I've noticed a lot of rule bending recently as well. I think stricter rules would be a good thing anyway and will make us appreciate this forum more.

I posted a thread on whether to keep or return a couple of new Bbags. I was in no way soliciting; those bags were returnable to Neiman’s and Bluefly. If that was bending the rules, I had no idea.

For the most part, PFers have been extremely nice and helpful, it’s like AA here :yes: However, the “group think” is a bit scary sometimes and I’m broke as a result :wtf:

:sad:Vlad, consider this, most pf`er really behave, but it is just those
"FEW" who screw things up for the rest of us.

I have learned quite a bit in this forum, most of the members are really
sweet and have helped me, even in some private matters.

I`ve made friends in fact, I found my friend again:firstclass1 which I
I lost connection for a while....yeah she was in the pforum.

So many good things and i have heard some of the bad too.:confused1:

I`m actually a victim of what was going on and I now know what
to look for.
I myself have posted suddle hints about selling BBags and I`m aware
that that will break forum rules.:rolleyes:

Nobody is perfect, but from now on I will remain firm and strict and
things will look up.
Vlad this balenciaga forum is awsome, please don`t shut it down or
modify it so that we loose contact to each other.
Maybe we should have a meeting on :how to improve the forum and
make it safe for all members-discussion and how to stop the mean
people. What do you think?:okay:

I have not been aware of any bad deeds going down. I think that most people are truly asking for advice about bags and not soliciting.

I did participate in a thread last week that was closed about bags we wish we had gotten. I didn't realize that it was possibly soliciting people about buying their bags. Clarifying the rules should help us all stay within the appropriate boundaries that the mods want us to follow.

I did participate in a thread last week that was closed about bags we wish we had gotten. I didn't realize that it was possibly soliciting people about buying their bags. Clarifying the rules should help us all stay within the appropriate boundaries that the mods want us to follow.

I agree... and I hope that we can fix what the problems are... I :heart: it here!! You guys are my stress release from life!! :flowers:

For some people, the B-bag obsession gets TOTALLY out of control, causing people to behave in nasty, underhanded, self-serving ways. It's very sad that those few bad apples need to ruin it for the rest of us and force Vlad to step in and address the unpleasantness. I feel bad that Vlad was put in this unfortunate position.

I'm usually proud of how sweet and supportive we are in the B-bag forum, especially since there is some blatant *****iness in other subforums. But the behind-the-scenes scheming of the B-bag bad apples is WAY worse than in-your-face *****iness.

Personally, I'm glad there will be some new rules. When kids can't be trusted to behave respectfully to each other, parents need to step in. Hopefully the new rules will help us all put things in better perspective (like Vlad said, they're JUST bags) and help us to become more civilized.

For some people, the B-bag obsession gets TOTALLY out of control, causing people to behave in nasty, underhanded, self-serving ways. It's very sad that those few bad apples need to ruin it for the rest of us and force Vlad to step in and address the unpleasantness. I feel bad that Vlad was put in this unfortunate position.

I'm usually proud of how sweet and supportive we are in the B-bag forum, especially since there is some blatant *****iness in other subforums. But the behind-the-scenes scheming of the B-bag bad apples is WAY worse than in-your-face *****iness.

Personally, I'm glad there will be some new rules. When kids can't be trusted to behave respectfully to each other, parents need to step in. Hopefully the new rules will help us all put things in better perspective (like Vlad said, they're JUST bags) and help us to become more civilized.

Here, here!

Quite honestly, the negativity on this forum is what turned me off Bbags a while back. Everyone became so cut throat and mean and nasty. I have made a wonderful friend (Nanaz!) on here and speak on the phone all the time, sometimes 3 times a day! But I have managed to keep myself off here for the most part over the past couple of months. I got tired of the same old questions being asked, the same bullying people who THINK they know it all,(but they dont), and good god, if I see another question about 'Should I treat my bag?" I will scream. Doesnt anyone research old threads for their questions?

And yes they are JUST bags! I hope many of you take care of your kids and pets the same anal way you are about your bags! ~sheesh~I love my bags and enjoy them, but they are not my life.

So thanks Vlad! I look forward to the new rules on here. I also look forward to some people going away if thats the route you will take. I will be happy to give you my list!

Wow...well, the majority of my experiences on this forum have been positive. I guess there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that most of us don't experience. I don't like "heavy handed" moderation, but I will learn to live with whatever rules are implemented since I value this resource.

I, too, sincerely hope that this subforum is not shut down or modified "to death". I enjoy coming here and seeing the pics posted, gorgeous colors, and just generaly coveting the lovely collections. This forum is for entertainment, tips and advice. I have had only one negative experience with someone pm'ing me trying to sell me their bag, but other than that, it has been a lot of fun.

like a lot of people who already posted, i was not aware of all the behind the scenes negativity and back stabbing going on. i usually go on this forum to help authenticate bags, mainly because the first b-bag i bought was a fake and i didn't know any better and want to help someone else avoid the same mistakes i did.

i've met some really great people on here and look forward to seeing their opinions and share their knowledge with the rest of us, especially incoralblue, fendihunter, oh, donna!, deane and all of the many other great tPFers on the Authenticate This thread.

regarding all of those "should i sell" threads, i saw them as people honestly wanting advice or reassurance about keeping or letting go of their b-bags. i'm bummed if these people were using our opinions just to generate sales. that really sucks and i'm glad if the appropriate actions are going to be taken regarding this.

i really appreciate this forum, it has greatly improved my knowledge, while depleting my bank account! without this forum, i'm sure i would have spent my hard earned $$ on fakes without even knowing it.

please don't punish all of us for the actions of a few. thanks for listening and for putting up with us crazy b-bag ladies :smile:

You know I agree Donna... and I will also say something else, and it may p*ss a few people off. It has been my experience that some of the more 'high profile' people on this subforum have been the most underhanded in the past. It's bizarre to say the least.

Keep up the good work, Vlad.

Quite honestly, the negativity on this forum is what turned me off Bbags a while back. Everyone became so cut throat and mean and nasty. I have made a wonderful friend (Nanaz!) on here and speak on the phone all the time, sometimes 3 times a day! But I have managed to keep myself off here for the most part over the past couple of months. I got tired of the same old questions being asked, the same bullying people who THINK they know it all,(but they dont), and good god, if I see another question about 'Should I treat my bag?" I will scream. Doesnt anyone research old threads for their questions?

And yes they are JUST bags! I hope many of you take care of your kids and pets the same anal way you are about your bags! ~sheesh~I love my bags and enjoy them, but they are not my life.

So thanks Vlad! I look forward to the new rules on here. I also look forward to some people going away if thats the route you will take. I will be happy to give you my list!

Thanks Vlad. One suggestion I would make for everyone if they want to keep this subforum open is to report threads/posts that you think are questionable. The mods don't read every thread or post so it is up to the members to police themselves. Those threads about "I am thinking of selling.." or the posts where someone says "if you don't want it, send it to me" are sometimes innocent but not always. There are often patterns here. Also, unless you are a newbie, I wouldn't ask where to find a certain older season bag. With some exception, the only place is ebay, the MP, at an online store or a consignment shop. On rare occasion, a store will have one but that is SO rare. I would be surprised any have them anymore.

For those of you who innocently posted about wanting a bag or wanting to sell, I would be surprised if you did not receive some PMs in reponse to your post. If you did, it is because someone interpreted your post as a WTB or WTS. There is no way for a casual reader to differentiate. There is competition for these bags.

If you are interested in an old color, why not search and find pics? Or even better, check out the permament thread that is called "Documenting Balenciaga Color"?

Just some ideas. Hope this helps.

Also, I do not agree with the insinuations that the people who are in authority have done wrong. I will tell you that I know a lot of what many of you are referring to and there are two sides to every story. Something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.